I’ve been really interested in these universities and I wish to pursue an economics degree there. I’ve been really confused on whether I should apply due to my mediocre scores. Could you please look below and give me a gist on whether it’s worth the application or not
GPA:
Freshman Year 3.17 and 3.07
Sophomore Year 3.25 and 3.66
Junior Year 3.72 and 3.92
Senior Year Hopefully 3.9 +
ACT : 30 and it should be higher after I take the September and October
SAT II = 750 Math 2
Toefl = 115
AP : AP Macroeconomics, AP Statistics, AP Microeconomics, AP Calculus AB, AP Psychology and AP Calculus BC
IB : Higher Level Business and Management, Standard Level Physics and Standard Level Language and Literature
Global Online Academy : Advanced Topics in Economics.
Internships:
Echelon - Echelon is an online education platform connecting students to top tutors and admissions mentors from the worlds best universities like Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, and more. I interned at this startup, and this gave me the experience I needed to handle real life financial situations.
McKinsey - Young Leaders for Indonesia is an organization apart McKinsey and we got the opportunity to do a two weeks internship.
Volunteer Service
President
Service Week in Cambodia
35 hours/week
Total Hours: 35
Grade 9
A service project week to the city of Siem Reap, Cambodia. We worked together as a team with the help of Indago to build a house for an impoverished family.
Builder
Habitat for Hummanity, Jakarta
September, 2014 - January, 2016
3 hours/week
Total Hours: 30
Grade 11
Extracurricular Activities :
Prom Committee ( Vice President)
IYS Club (Founder and Co-President)
IYS is a non-profit organization which provides consulting service to SMEs (small medium enterprises) for free. My friends and I started a club which works with IYS in order to educate our club members on management consulting. Our final mission is to assist IYS in consulting different enterprises
Investment Club (Director of Communications)
Investment Club was founded to help develop future philanthropists, investors and successful business owners through entrepreneurial experiences, service, and real-world applications
Indian Club (Treasurer in 11th Grade and President in 12th Grade)
Sports for Community (Treasurer)
Athletic Achievement :
Varsity Golf
Grades 9,10,11,12
Youngest Member of the Varsity travel team. I hold the school record for the greatest margin of victory in a match play, which was 8 & 7. Our team earned the silver medal in two consecutive years.
Most Valuable Player - JIS Varsity Golf (April 2016)
All Tournament Player - IASAS Golf
Awarded to outstanding player in tournament out of 72 tournament participants. IASAS is a South East Asian regional tournament involving six International Schools from Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, Singapore, Manila and Bangkok.
Coach’s Award - Varsity Golf (Grades 9,11)
Coach Anderson, Jakarta Intercultural School
USGA Handicap = 5.4
Academic Achievement in World Studies
June 2012
Grade 9
I achieved the World Studies award in my last year of middle school. We focused on different aspects in Asia, Europe and United States. Our final project consisted a research paper on the World War 2, which led me to getting this award.
Student Government
Treasurer of Class of 2017.
Summary :
Proven leader which multiple leadership position. I communicate with people very easily, I am confident and committed. I follow my ambitions and have a creative mindset.
Failure has been a part of my life, however, I never let it get to me. I am resilient and I persevere to levels where my hard work is proportional to my success.
4 year Varsity Golf member. Vice Captain in sophomore year, and Captain in junior and senior year. I earned the Coach’s Choice award in freshman and junior year, and the most valuable player award in my senior year. Our team finished 2nd place twice in a row, with me finishing tied 5th individually out of 36 boys.
Dont need financial aid or anything like that. Just need to get in
Thanks so much!