Hi guys. I’ll give you a basic rundown of my stats and profile. I’m looking to see how competitive I am for admission to Georgia Tech and UMich.
Background: OOS (Maryland), Public HS, White (Middle East)
SAT: 1460 (750 Math, 710 EBRW)
GPA: UW: 3.96/4, W: 5.23/6 (9th grade had some dumb art and music classes which drastically brings this down)
Sophomore Year: Honors Chem (A), Honors Bio (A)
Junior Year: AP Calc AB (A, 4), AP Physics 1 (A, 4), AP French 5 (A, 4), AP English 11 (A, 5), AP Comp Sci (A, 3), Guitar GT/AA (A)
Senior Year: AP Physics C, Intern Arts/Humanities, AP French 6, AP Calc BC, AP English 12, AP Economics
- Presenter and Workshop Leader: Presented and held workshops (in DC, PA, NJ, CO, and CA), teaching architecture & engineering. 13 hrs of teaching, 4 hrs of presenting experience.
- Map Manager; Cleverlike Studios LLC, Cleverlike Studios LLCProduct manager for a Microsoft-partnered game studio. Collaborated on projects with international museums and the US State Depar
- Community Founder and Manager, Blueprint CreativeI founded a web architecture discussion and content creation team of 500+members. Created instagram page of 4700+ followers, 950,000+ views/insights
- National Honors Society Secretary (of 139 Members), National Honors SocietyDeveloped and oversaw virtual freshman mentorship program for underclassmen during the pandemic. Raised $1,000 for St. Jude’s Hospital at a call center.
- French Honors Society (SHF/FHS) President, SociéteHonoraire FrançaiseLed virtual french tutoring and research teams in Francophone/African culture studies. Received school’s language department award.
- Career Research and Outreach, Towson High SchoolInternship ProgramConducted career and networking research. Led informational interviews at architecture, Civil Engineering firms, and Medical Offices
- Soccer, Starting Striker, Lutherville Timonium Soccer Club(Lutherville Recreational Council)Participated in tournaments across the mid-Atlantic region, including EDPcompetition.
Additionally: In early February, I started an internship shadowing a surgeon, performing visual eye exams on patients, and filing medical records. I sent an email (and LOCI) to both GT and UMich with the additional EC.
- Counselor, AP Physics 1 Teacher, AP French Teacher, AP English Teacher, 1 from my mentor/event producer at the architecture/engineering presentations. (I got 3 letters of recommendation, and Naviance didn’t let me choose which to send, I only wanted to send 2… oops)
- Counselor, AP Physics 1 Teacher
Personal Essay: A narrative story about how growing up and working in my grandmother’s bakery at a young age while taking care of my mother with a mental illness eventually gave me the confidence to come out of my shell and do presentations around the country. Trust me, I was very careful with red flags here
UMich ES Essay: Mediocre - Good
Why UMich? Essay: Very Good and Unique
GT What inspires you essay: Okay - Good
Why GT? Essay: Good
UMich: Civil Engineering
Major 1: Materials Science ( Talked about materials science and how I want to apply nanotechnology to both architecture and/or medicine)
Major 2: Architecture (I have a very good portfolio for architecture. If I got into GT, I’d imagine it’d be for Architecture)
Thanks guys. If you need other information to “chance” me, let me know! Just to be clear, I already applied to these schools and will be receiving decisions this month. I just want to know what to expect from these schools.