Chances for Harvey Mudd

<p>Hey Harvey Mudd students and other prospects like myself, can you be so kind as to chance me for Harvey Mudd? Much appreciated, =].</p>

<p>Soph/Junior GPA (unweighted/weighted) : 3.72/4.06
I took 8 classes both years, if that matters any.</p>

<p>SAT I : 1980
Reading (630), Math (740), Writing (610)</p>

<p>SAT II :
Physics 760
Biology 750
Math II 800</p>

<p>Leadership Positions:
President/founder of chess club junior year
Section leader of French Horns sophomore year</p>

<p>Extras:
Two year member of Marching Band (ended after soph.)
Four year member of Jazz Band
Two year member of Chess Club
Three year member of Academic Decathlon
50 hours of volunteer work in Soph. year summer at a local hospital</p>

<p>Desired Major:
Neuroscience</p>

<p>I know Mudd doesn't offer Neuro, but I'd also like to discuss if Mudd is a good choice if I'm planning on taking this path in the future</p>

<p>Also, AP Classes are as follows:
World History 3
Physics B 5
Calc AB 5
Biology 5</p>

<p>Planning to take
Physics C
English Literature
Calculus BC</p>

<p>if that's EVERYTHING you have, you don't have that high of a chance.
Having said that, you do have a chance, but make sure u raise ur SAT score, GPA, and do more ECs.
But, I don't know how much you will be able to do all that since you are entering your senior year</p>

<p>And also, your ethnicity, gender, and where you are from might help a bit in chancing you too.</p>

<p>Pomona has a much better neuro program than Mudd, if you're interested in the 5Cs you might want to apply there.</p>

<p>There are also people who minor in bio at Mudd and do an off-campus major in neuro at Pomona.</p>

<p>Basically what maruhan said.</p>

<p>You'll probably want to increase that GPA/SAT score, and top it off with more extracurriculars, to maximize your chances of getting in. The SAT scores put you under the middle 50% of the class of 2014, for example, which means that you would need to have some other stuff severely in your favor to have a good shot.</p>

<p>SAT II scores are solid though.</p>

<p>Ya, I do not think Mudd is a good choice for you if you are interested in neuroscience. In general, I dont think Mudd is that great of a choice unless you want to major in one of our 6 majors, with at least a decent amount of certainty.</p>

<p>Pomona would indeed be better, how it is also quite selective, so you still need to bring your SAT scores up, and try and get another EC under your belt. Community service, something like debate club, or even stuff like karate would all work.</p>