Chances for Notre Dame, University of Michigan, and U of Indiana, SMU, University of Washington?

Hi! I have a 4.1 weighted and a 3.9 unweighted I currently have a 27 ACT but I just re-toke it and think I got it at least up to a 29 possibly 30. I am white a female, and my parent’s combined income is approximately 150,000. I have been on softball for four years and been a captain once on JV and once on Varsity. I was treasurer, Vice President of Communications, and Vice President of Finance for the Autism Awareness club on campus. I was a member of Junior Class Council that planned prom. I also am I 6 year member of the Assisteens League and have over 250 service hours, as well as being head of Library Craft Days and Warm Hugs for battered women. I received the Pride of the Pack Award and a Charter Oak Award for being in the top 3% of my APUSH class. By the end of high school I will have taken 4 AP classes( APUSH, Enviro, Stats, and Gov) and took honors humanities in freshman and sophomore year. Thank you so much for your time! (:

  1. What is your home state?
  2. Are you a recruited athlete for softball? Michigan has the best program on your list (#2 last year)
  3. Can you afford the OOS schools on your list and ND? (about $40-50K/yr)

ND,UMich - reaches
SMU, IU, UW (except CS) - match

If you are a varsity athlete, especially a scholarship one, you are good to go with a 29-30.

If you could improve your ACT to about 33 your chances at UM and ND would be much higher. Perhaps a coach or an on-line help like prepscholar would do it. If you take the October ACT you should make the deadline for early admission. Make sure to take ACT with writing. Michigan will accept your current ACT score (they require everything in by Nov 1) and will count the new score when it arrives. Other schools should be similar. UM and ND only admit about 1/4 of applicants.

If you are applying to engineering at UM or ND, your math scores (including ACT) should be stellar. It is a little easier for women to be admitted, however.

Make sure to apply early!

What is your intended major and where is your home state?
For UMich, the gender difference would probably just even out the chance between LSA and CoE, it would not make you easier to admit to one school or the other. Nevertheless, your current ACT is too low even for in state students applying to LSA. The mid 50 for UMich is around 30-34 and CoE is around a point higher. So it is a reach for you as of now and remains a reach even with ACT 30 if you are from OOS.

I’m from California and business administration! Thank you so much!

From OOS, Ross pre-admission at UMich would be a high reach. LSA would be a reach too.

Your very close, great GPA but for ND or Mich you need a 32 or higher. Mich a little easier to get into than ND

ND also a high reach unless you can get yourACT score way up.

Not Ross at UMich that OP is aiming at.