Chances For Out Of State

<p>Hey guys, I am an out of state student from Columbus Georgia. I attend Columbus High School, and I was just wondering how difficult it is to get in to UNC. I play baseball, football and wrestle. Baseball team won state last year, still pending this year. I have a 3.7 average and my SAT scores, and ACT scores are still pending. I am apart of the debate team, math team, spanish club, and Junior Civitan, and I plan on starting a non-profit organization to give back to the community. Most of my relatives graduated from UNC, except my parents. I am asking for advice that will help my chances on being accepted. I am only a junior and plan on getting more involved in clubs and organizations. Please help, thank you in advance</p>

<p>Sincerely, John Foster</p>

<p>You may want to get your GPA higher in this important year.</p>

<p>First and foremost colleges judge applicants based on their grades/scores!</p>

<p>In your situation, I would focus more on school and less on ECs … so if your REALLY serious about UNC drop the idea of ‘getting more involved in clubs/organizations’ and invest this time in studying and preparing for tests - your current GPA is definitely sub-par for UNC …</p>