Chances for Penn ED?

<p>Probably pretty slim but here goes nothing...</p>

<p>Education
Martin Luther King Jr. Academic Magnet for Health Sciences and Mathematics – Nashville, TN (ranked 30th best public high school in the nation by USNews)
Diploma 2012</p>

<p>Tennessee Governor’s School for the Sciences and Engineering (6 credit hours earned for The Logic of Science and Biology of Human Affairs) – University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
Diploma 2011</p>

<p>Testing
• 3.84 GPA (unweighted)
• SAT scores
o 2220 (700CR, 800M, 720W)
• ACT scores
o 33 Composite (March 2011)
o 34 Superscore: 34 English, 35 Math (March 2011), 34 Reading (February 2011), 32 Science (June 2010)
• SAT Subject Tests
o 750 Biology (June 2010)
o 750 Math 2 (June 2011)
o 750 Chemistry (June 2011).
• AP Tests
o 4 European History (2010)
o 4 Biology (2010)
o 4 Chemistry (2011)
o 3 Calculus BC, 5 Calculus AB (2011)
o 4 US History (2011)</p>

<p>Honors and Achievements
• AP Scholar with Distinction (2011)
• National Honor Society (2011)
• “A Warming Climate.” xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxxx, et al. Tennessee Governor’s School for the Sciences and Engineering, Biology of Human Affairs Presentations at University of Tennessee. Knoxville, Tennessee. June 21, 2011.
o Best Biology of Human Affairs Presentation (2011)
• Interscholastic Math League Participant (2010-2011)
o 3rd as a team in Calculus BC (March 2011, local)</p>

<p>Clubs and Accomplishments
• Red Cross Club (2010-2011)
o Vice-President
o Provided school with three blood drives and public health awareness announcements
• Peer Tutoring Team (2010-2011)
o Officer
o Tutored students in Math and Sciences
• MLK Entrepreneurial Research Group for Education (eMERGE) (2011)
o Treasurer
o Group recognized in the Tennessean and on Nashville Public Radio (WPLN)
o Invitational Participant of 2011 CEFPI International Conference for Classrooms of the Future as a school representative.
• Biology Club (2010-2011)
• Women’s Equality Club (2010)
• Gay Straight Alliance (2010)
• Mu Alpha Theta (2010-2011)
• National Honor Society (2011)</p>

<p>Volunteer
• 50+ hours of community service
o Consists of volunteering at the American Cancer Society, Bordeaux Long-Term Care Hospital, and Nashville CARES AIDS Support Services.
• 50+ hours of school service as a tutoring officer and tutor
• 20+ hours of school service participating in and organizing Red Cross activities</p>

<p>(Some extras) Asian Male
Senior Schedule: Multivariable Calculus, AP Statistics, AP Physics B, AP Literature, AP Chinese, AP Government and Politics, AP Macroeconomics
I hope to go into College of Arts and Sciences. I am expecting strong recommendations from my AP Chemistry teacher and AP Chinese teacher. I won't be needing financial aid.</p>

<p>You're extremely well qualified. You just never know with the ivies. Youve worked hard just think positive! </p>

<p>Chance me please!</p>

<p>thanks,</p>

<p>quick question for anyone who's out there: september ACT scores come out soon and i am hoping to get a 35 or 36. if i get this score, should i send both ACT and SAT scores or only act? because i feel like my SATs are too low and might contradict my ACT scores.</p>

<p>Well your SAT score converts to a 33 on the ACT (approximately). Nonetheless, I think you should send in both because you recieved a perfect math score on the SAT. But if you get the perfect ACT score, maybe you should just send that in. (: It's all up to you!</p>

<p>thank you! i'm praying for that perfect ACT score.</p>

<p>bumpity bump</p>

<p>bumpity bump bump</p>

<p>What was your class grade in calc bc?</p>

<p>a solid A, so ~95</p>

<p>I think that being from Tennessee will help you a lot!</p>

<p>really? i dont see how...</p>

<p>I would say you're extremely qualified, and being from Tennessee and doing ED definitely help. One question though, are you a U.S. permanent resident or citizen? Being international may make a huge difference.</p>

<p>I like how you bumpity bump bump'ed.</p>

<p>Cool, eMERGE. That sounds like a really sweet club.</p>

<p>Good luck bro.</p>