Hi I’m a rising junior interested in attending the colleges listed above. Those are my tier one choices, my backups would probably be Penn State or University of Delaware because I have legacy there. I’m interested in majoring in Finance or Political Science. I need help figuring out what I need to add to my application in the next years to make me eligible to get into these colleges. Thanks!
Ethnicity: First generation Chinese immigrant
Gender: Female
GPA: UW= 4.0 W=4.24
Class Rank: 3/384
Slightly competitive public high school, many graduates are accepted into Ivy Leagues though
SAT: 1540/1600
SAT Math II: 800
SAT Biology: 760
SAT Spanish: 710 (should I submit this score?)
ACT: 34
Note: The reason I can take AP math classes as a freshman/sophomore is because I did a few off-campus studies to skip a math course
Freshman:
Honors Bio
Honors Chem
AP Calculus AB
Honors English
Honors US History
Honors Spanish
Straight A’s
Sophomore:
Honors Physics
Computer Programming
AP Calculus BC
Honors Statistics
Honors US History
Honors English
Honors Spanish
Straight A’s again, recommended for AP Courses, all of which I will be taking this year
EC:
Athletics:
Varsity Field Hockey, Co-Captain
Travel Field Hockey Club, qualified for tournament team (only elite players, plays at national tourneys)
Volunteer Coach for local field hockey youth league
Track and Field, qualified for districts
Violin:
Philadelphia Youth Orchestra, First Violinist
Level Eight Violinist
Placed Fourth in Regional Concerto Competition
Clubs:
Environmental Education Club (gives school tours of local wildlife park, raise environmental awareness)
Model UN, Vice President
Future Business Leaders of America
Math Club, Vice President
School Newspaper Editor
Announcements Reporter (My school has students do the morning announcements)
Student Council:
Vice President Two Years in A Row
Planned fundraiser for school trip
Managed to help get a local sponsor for school technology fund
Writing:
Had personal essay and poetry featured in small publications
Scholastic Art and Writing Awards - Flash Fiction Gold Medal, Poetry Honorable Mention
Some smaller awards, mainly for poetry
Volunteer and Internships:
Library Volunteer
Soup Kitchen Volunteer
Intern at local newspaper, helped write some small articles
Co-created a non-profit, small online/local business which sells posters, stickers, and prints that are self-designed and hand-drawn, all profits go to charity
Was awarded Student Athlete Award sophomore year
So, what do you guys think my chances are of getting into those colleges? Obviously junior year will allow me to build my resume. My top choice would be Stanford, so should I apply early admission? Thanks in advance!