Chances for USC and UCLA

<p>Hey everyone, </p>

<p>I need you guys to forswear some judgement with regards to what the title states. At this point in my life (17 I am), thinking about college acceptance and the potential of rejection bears quite poorly on my mind. I'm terrified of rejection. Maybe not terrified, but worried. So please tell me what my chances are! Here's my background and stats.</p>

<p>Both of my parents are Californian. I have a grandmother that attended UCLA and a grandfather that attended USC (intense rivalry). He still has strong ties with the university. I however, was born in Mexico. I attended a private school there. I moved from there at about 8 years of age to another part of Mexico (Cabo San Lucas to Jalisco). Spend 2 years there, then moved to Costa Rica. Spent one year in Costa Rica being homeschooled by the grandmother, who not only studied at UCLA, but also spent 4 years teaching there. After those 2 years, I moved to Nicaragua. I was there for about 5 years. I attended/attend Keystone Online High School. I just moved to Uruguay 2 months ago, I'm 17 and I'm in my Junior year. As far as extracurricular activities go, I uh, participated in orphanage aid, past that, there hasn't been much opportunity. I also speak 3 languages (English, Spanish, French), I traveled quite a bit throughout Central and South America, Canada, USA, and spent a good amount of time in Europe (Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland). As far as sports go, surfing has been it pretty much. Joining a soccer team down here in Uruguay is a possibility. </p>

<p>As for "stats", I currently have a GPA of 3.97 (All A's except for two A-'s). In my junior year, I'm taking 6 courses, 3 of which are AP courses. Because my academic scheduling varies from regular US school terms, I took my AP tests when I was half way through my junior year. I could only scrape a score of 2 on all 3, but as I was told, it didn't really matter since they only apply to college credit (which I don't really need or want). On the 3 non AP courses, A's are assured. For the 3 AP courses, it varies. I have 96% (A) on AP Chemistry, 87% (B I believe) on AP World History, and 94% (A) on Ap English Language. The percentage is what the school presents to me as my grade in each monthly report. I'm pretty sure I can achieve 2 A's and 1 A- in the AP courses. Would a B in an AP course lower my GPA? Would A's lift it from 4.0?</p>

<p>EDIT: Forgot all about my SAT score. I got a 2240. Plan on retaking next year for perhaps a better score.</p>

<p>So what are my chances?</p>

<p>And gee, sorry for this mouthful.</p>

<p>Without SAT scores it's impossible to say. Scores, including AP, are very imoortant for home and online schooled students as they give context to your overall achievement on the absence of class rank.</p>

<p>You have a great shot at both schools if essays are good :)</p>

<p>Thanks, and yes, hopefully I can conjure up a good essay.</p>

<p>Can anyone else chance me?</p>