Chances (I know, just like everyone else, but I'm curious)

<p>I’m applying to the UMD, College Park for the Fall of 2007. Here are my statistics (I’m a rather abnormal candidate).</p>

<p>MD Resident</p>

<p>Homeschooled for 12 years (my father is retired military, so I spent my childhood in Hawaii and England, both of which has lousy public school systems). I’ve taken a fairly decent coureload at home during my high school years, to include:</p>

<p>Chemistry
US History
English (four years)
Algebra 1 & 2
Biology
British Literature
US Literature
Etc… I’m at work currently and have forgotten some, I’m sure.</p>

<p>In addition, I’ve been attending the local community college part-time since I was 14.</p>

<p>Intro to College Math – A
Precalculus – B
Calculus 1 – A
Calculus 2 – A
Spanish 1 – B
Spanish 2 – A
Psychology – A
Macro Economics – (This semester but it will be an A)
Management Information Systems – (This semester, but I’m pulling a 102%, so it will be an A as well)</p>

<p>SATs (I took them in 2004, but am taking them again in November – I expect low-700s for all three)
Verbal – 670
Math – 680</p>

<p>Extra-curriculars:</p>

<p>Civil Air Patrol – I’ve been in for four years and have gone through the program. I received the Spaatz Award, which only 0.02% of members ever receive.
National Advisory Board member
Regional Advisory Board chair
Cadet Commander of local unit of 80 members
Drill Team Commander (Practices every other week, coordinating with National Guard, etc.)
Attended summer programs in Long Island, Mississippi, Florida, and Nebraska.
Essentially, I put in about 15 hours a week, every week, to this activity and I’ve reached the top. (I’ve been slated to compete against 7 other members from around the country for National Cadet of the Year, out of 27,000 members).</p>

<p>SERP – Environmental program run by the MD Department of Natural Resources. We are working on restoring some 2000 acres of pine forest back to its original grassland state. I’ve been doing this for 6 years, generally involving 15-20 weekends a year.</p>

<p>Scales and Tales – Another MD Gvt. run program that takes care of injured endangered species (such as Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, Peregrine Falcons, etc.) and uses the injured animals in middle schools and public events to educate the public. I’ve been in this four about 5 years and volunteer as both a public speaker and as an in-house animal care specialist.</p>

<p>I also volunteer for various organization like Carroll Hospice (which takes care of the elderly in their final years of life) and Habitat for Humanity.</p>

<p>Employment – I am employed by the Department of Defense as a high school work study and possess a Top Secret/SCI clearance. I am applying for a program there that pays for my college tuition at College Park if I major in a specific degree.</p>

<p>Any opinions and/or advice that you can give me is much appreciated!</p>

<p>Really nice profile, even with current SATs, but since you took these two years ago, they may go up a lot! I’d be surprised if you didn’t get in.</p>