chances of an average student to a prestiguous school?

<p>I wanted to know if i had a good chance to get into NYU CAS, U of michigan, Boston University, Colgate, or Boston college 4 year undergrad with a major of chemistry and a pre med program with this kind of high school resume</p>

<p>Grades:</p>

<p>I've only taken the SAT once so i'll have two more chances and for my AP's , Ive only taken 3 (Bio, calc AB, chem) and all the other classes are regular classes.</p>

<p>AP courses/Honor course taken and going to take:
AP Chemistry
AP Biology
AP Calc AB
AP Physics</p>

<p>No Honors courses just regular for all the other ones.</p>

<p>UWGPA: 3.7
SAT: CR 630 Math 710 Writing 610</p>

<p>Extracurricular/Job/Community service:</p>

<p>Freshman year: landscaping job</p>

<p>sophomore year: landscaping job</p>

<p>Junior year: history club, service club, math club, varsity track and field, volunteer work at hospital, landscaping job.</p>

<p>Senior Year: service club, math club, varsity volleyball, varsity track, volunteer work at hospital, landscaping job.</p>

<p>I'm just worried that my EC's and my lack of course difficulty will hurt my chances. And if how many more should I take another AP to make my chances higher at the better schools.</p>

<p>BU could work out. NYU CAS would be tough, but BYU GSP would be more realistic. If you live in MI, UMich, could be possible. BC and Colgate will definitely be reaches unless you really raise the SAT's. Of you're still a junior, you might want to rethink your EC's in order to get some leadership positions and stand out more. I know you haven't taken a very tough courseload, but is this because you're school doesn't offer tougher classes, or just because you've elected not to take them?</p>

<p>Your SAT scores will not disqualify you for any of these schools as you are in the mid 50% range for all of them. Success or failure will depend upon your application essays & teacher recs. as well as convincing each school that you are match for them.</p>

<p>My school offers a ton of AP's but i just haven't taken them and is it harder to it in Michigan if you live out of state?</p>

<p>Oh, and sorry, "BYU GSP" was supposed to be "NYU GSP." NYU and Brigham Young are two verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry different places. Lol. And Michigan is definitely harder OOS.</p>

<p>i went on sparknotes and its say Michigan has a higher acceptance rate that NYU, why do you think its more difficult to get in UMich?</p>

<p>snap: Umich Out of state.....this year 3.7 UW gpa was not generally a lock for acceptance, depending on where you live...Acceptance rate is not separated for In vs. Out of state.....</p>