<p>About me. I’m a senior at a private Catholic high school and I’m there on an academic scholarship. I’m ranked in the top 25% of my graduating class. I’m African American, first generation college student. I had great recommendation letters from my AP English Teacher and from my AP History teacher, who taught me for 3 years. They are both department heads as well. Writing is my passion, I want to be a journalist. I also really enjoy Social Studies so my plan is to double major in journalism and political science. I put journalism as my first choice on my applications. My GPA is only a 3.3. Math and science are things I really struggle with and hurt my GPA a lot. Also, my family was going through a lot sophomore year. So my grades suffered. I did mention that in my app. And junior year my grades went up and first quarter of senior year, they were high. (USC will ask for senior grades.) Sophomore year, my average was an 84.5. And junior year, it was 90.3. I took 5 APs and lots of honors classes. I think I wrote great essays. My SAT is a 1790, 660 Reading, 610 Writing, 450 Math. I’m taking the SAT again for USC. I’m an Outstanding Participant in the National Achievement. I did 4 years of Community Service Corps, 4 years of Book Club (VP 11, P12), 2 years of Schools Newspaper (Editor in chief this yr), 2 years of Foreign Exchange Club, teen panelist at local professional newspaper. I won the Silver Key Award for the Scholastic Arts and Writing for Journalism. I know they’re both reaches, USC more so. Temple University is my safety, I’ve already been accepted. I applied to Fordham early action. And as for USC, I went to an admissions interview. I also had been emailing with the admissions counselor a little and he remembered my name at the interview and it went really well. </p>