Hello! I am currently a junior interested in applying into more competitive Ivy League schools. I am a striving future pre-med student! I plan on applying into the match program for QuestBridge. Obviously, I don’t know if I am a finalist or even in the program but would like to know what my chances of matching into a school would be. If I were to match then the cost of the school would not matter or be a factor when applying.
I would just like to know if I would even have a chance matching & what I can change before going through the process to strengthen my chances.
Due to the COVID-19 I have not had the chance to take the SAT, ACT, and other test. I have not had high PSAT scores at all, I am not the best test taker and never took them serious.
My GPA is a 4.0 unweighted and a 4.5 weighted.
I have taken 4 honor classes and 4 AP but next year I will be taking another 4 AP, so once my application roles around I will have a total of 4 honors and 8 AP.
My extracurriculars consist of:
- 4 year public service academy program & as a senior I will be taking EMT courses at my high school in which by the end of the year I will be sitting for the national registry test. I as well will have internships but that won’t be until the spring of my senior year so I do not know if I would include that in my application
- 4 year Skills USA member and a current officer, I have competed and placed first at regionals and state, I am as well a national competitor
- Firefighting program which is a year long local college and high school course combined, I am one of the crew leaders in the program
- I was class president this year but resigned and will be vice president this next year
- I volunteer at my local hospital in the PEDS department (100+ hours)
- I am a Kaiser explorer member and am trying to join next years board
- I played volleyball 8th, 9th, and 10th grade (city & high school)
- I am a National Honor Guard (top ten girls in my class)
- I have volunteered annually at the Universal Studio Disaster Day as one of the “patient actors”
- I as well was on my swim team for a season and swim off season, I was awarded most improved
- I have received awards for my grades (honor roll) and academic honor roll
- As I said before 1st place Skills USA regionals and state (group) and 4th place individually
I do not have any national awards or anything crazy like that so I fear my extracurriculars aren’t too strong