Chances of Getting into MIT

<p>Here are my stats:</p>

<p>GPA: 5.0 UW (4.0 scale)
I've taken 17 AP courses and I'm taking 8 more this year (self-studying AP Chem, Physics C and AP Lunch)
I'm president of every club that ever existed, and then some.
I horseback ride on the weekends and play competitive badminton whenever possible.
If I'm hungry where no food is readily available, I will pick up others' litter and just eat that (gotta go green!)
I've done about 300+ hours of lab research with Bill Nye the Science Guy.
When I was five, I brought sexy back and invented the sun.</p>

<p>What do you guys think?</p>

<p>Hahahaha this is the funniest post on CC ever! Very clever, and I think you're in haha.</p>

<p>SAT/ACT?? And YES! :)</p>

<p>Oh I did forget my ACT/SAT scores! How completely stupid of me...</p>

<p>ACT Composite: 35 :(
English: 30
Math: 38
Reading: 35
Science: 36</p>

<p>And I got a 2400 on my SAT... IN PEN.</p>

<p>I would say you have a decent shot if you raise the ACT math; at a selective school like MIT, you're going to be up against kids who are getting a 40+ on every section.</p>

<p>Are your recs outstanding too? That matters at lot for MIT; make sure they're all solid. Same goes for the essay! If I were you, I'd mention your experience with bringing sexy back; it's a little less cliche than inventing the sun.</p>

<p>APs leave much to be desired, as does your SAT score. Most SAT kids use sharpened reeds and abaci, and get AT LEAST 2550+. ECs are also lackluster. Everyone's the President of every club ever... Why not be a dictator? Also, horseback riding doesn't sound impressive when you compare it to zebra polo (MIT students' most common equestrian sport). Bill Nye's got nothing on Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I feel like your essays will be really important here - make sure your passion really shines through!</p>

<p>You don't stand a chance. These are MY stats:
- 8.0 UW GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Perfect 40 on the ACT
- 27 AP classes
- Created the universe
- Stopped global warming
- Ended world hunger
- Restored the ozone layer
- Won the Nobel Peace Prize
- Restored democracy to both Cuba and China a couple nights ago before I went to bed
- Have been elected the new president of both China and Cuba (being in charge of clubs holds nothing against countries!)
- Play and compose music for every instrument ever created
- I also speak 189,735 languages</p>

<p>funny!!!!!!!!!</p>