<p>My Profile:
SAT I (breakdown): 2310
SAT II: 800 Math II, 770 Chem, 790 USH
Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.98
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): N/A
AP (place score in parenthesis): 7 fives so far
IB (place score in parenthesis):
Senior Year Course Load: 5 APs+ 1 Dual Enrollment
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): AP w/ Distinction, NM Finalist
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Eagle Scout, Nice Assortment of Eagle Scout, Backpacking, Trumpet (big time), Varsity Cross Country
Job/Work Experience: finance internships in the summer
Volunteer/Community service: a ton
Summer Activities: camping and stuff…
Essays: good, thoughtful, my voice came through
Teacher Recommendation: 8/10 and 10+/10
Counselor Rec: 9.5/10
Additional Rec: 10/10 (scoutmaster)
Interview: 8.5/10
Other
State (if domestic applicant):GA
Country (if international applicant):
School Type: Private
Ethnicity: Asian
Gender:M</p>
<p>I got rejected at Harvard and Yale, then got accepted at UChicago, Dartmouth, Duke, and Cornell. </p>
<p>Princeton has been my dream school since 8th grade, then Wharton became almost as desirable for me due to its ibanking recruitment. I just accepted a spot on the waitlist at Columbia probably just cuz.</p>
<p>You have some lovely choices. Where did you accept an admission? </p>
<p>Your credentials are no longer relevant to get off the waitlist. The schools are mainly looking for a “well rounded” class at this point and fill gaps based on race, sex, major, economic status, need for a tuba player or a cross country runner etc.</p>
<p>Princeton had no one get off the waitlist last year (at least that is my memory). Penn had a few and Columbia usually has some too. Waitlists usually also have 5% or less admit rates.</p>
<p>And break the heart of your CCChicago friends? Come on, think the impact that might have on their self-esteem. ;)</p>
<p>PS Do not make your choice based on the IB possible recruiting. You will have plenty of opportunities to throw your hat in the ring when time comes, and you might very well have a change of heart regarding an IB career. Focus on the school you will look forward every morning to run to the classes and to the events.</p>
<p>I don’t completely agree with this. If you’re interested in IB at this age, it’s not likely you’ll have a change of heart by your sophomore/junior year when you start applying for internships. </p>
<p>I’ve also always favored a more pragmatic, long-term perspective when it comes to these decisions vs which school will have more classes you look forward to every morning (which you couldn’t possibly know anyways).</p>
<p>That being said, UChicago usually does fine in IB recruiting from what I’ve seen.</p>
<p>Focus on Columbia, that’s the one you are most likely to get off. Don’t know much about Wharton, and Princeton usually doesn’t resort to using the wait-list to fill its class. Columbia’s your best bet by far (IMHO).</p>
<p>@Friedman
I just committed to uchicago last week but I’m waitlisted at Columbia and Yale, my top two choices!
Have you sent in an email to columbia? I sent a letter but I’m wondering whether I should send an email just in case they didn’t get it…</p>