Chances of Transfer, Questions.

<p>In the fall I will enter college, I plan to go to Seton Hall University, which is a nice school and I am happy to attend. However to gain a stronger foothold in this world I seek to transfer after my freshmen year.</p>

<p>I plan to pursue a business degree in finance or economics. The schools I am most interested in transferring to are UVA, Columbia, and Georgetown.</p>

<p>What are the chances and what is the best "route" to take in order to get accepted into one of these universities? </p>

<p>Please help, I've done quite a bit of searching but old articles can be quite vague. My highschool GPA and curriculum is far from great (2.9uw gpa/ 1 AP), will this effect me at all?</p>

<p>When you apply next year, about the latest applications are due is in about late Feb/early March. By that time you will have completed only 1 sem of college work. Therefore, your HS record and test scores will receive more weight than your college record. This makes it difficult to transfer 'up' substantially as a soph transfer, it is much more possible as a jr transfer when your college record will carry more weight than what you did in HS.</p>