Chances?

<p>Hello</p>

<p>Well, summer is approaching and that means that I have to be ready for early decision (if I want to do it) and I just wanted to list my stats and see if anyone could recommend schools to early decision and/or early action. I'm a little unsure as to how majoring works; I want to major in creative writing, and then minor (I guess?) in English Literature. It's possible to double major as an undergrad, right? If so, I really think I want to do that.</p>

<p>Here are my grades, unfortunately, they are low in 9th and 10th but I hope the 11th grade IB grades will help:</p>

<p>9th+10th : 90.5 (no weight) (Don't have specifics for each grade, but there is definitely an upward trend from 9th to 10th)</p>

<p>11th (first semester): ~97-98 UW. (106-108 W) I expect the same for the second semester.</p>

<p>IB Scores: After researching each course, I am confident I can get around a 38/45 total, with higher scores in english and math/physics.</p>

<p>SATs: This is my latest practice SAT
Crit Reading- 620
Math-650
Writing-720
Total:1990</p>

<p>I know that all of the scores will go up by the time I take the real SAT in May. This is what I think I will get:
Crit Reading:650
Math-680
Writing-750
Total:2080</p>

<p>But I will also study during the summer; I aim for a 2200</p>

<p>SAT IIs haven't taken them yet but will most likely get: Literature:700-800 Math II 750-800 Physics 700-800</p>

<p>ECS (a bit weak)
School Trivia Club (2 years-including senior)-Basically, an intellectual trivia club. My school is in first place this year, going into the playoffs.
Independent Reading (~14hrs/wk)
Volunteer Work-Hospital Emergency Room:I did not worked a lot here but I did something at least(~15hrs)
This summer: Either a Writing Course in a precollege program or a Writing Workshop. I'm unsure which would be better.
Also, I have started my own novel(la) and it will definitely be finished by the time I begin applying. It may not be amazing, but it will include the basic elements of literature and some compelling themes, which I believe are found in novels whose writers are much older than I. I can't say if this will be more along the lines of a novella or a novel.</p>

<p>My essay is about my psychological revolution. I consider myself rather articulate and the essay contains many examples of introspection and well, "knowing thy self."</p>

<p>As for location, I'd basically go anywhere, but I'd really like to be in a city, or at least near one.
I've also considered schools in the UK, specifically Durham, Warwick, St. Andrews, Cambridge (could always get lucky!)</p>

<p>Thank you so much guys.</p>

<p>I don't think independent reading counts as an EC....</p>

<p>Anyway, I think that pretty much any good school should have a solid English program (kind of like psychology). But I would definitely suggest Tufts: it's pretty creative and writing seems to be pretty important judging from its application. I would also suggest Sarah Lawrence, but know that it doesn't consider SAT/ACT scores anymore.</p>

<p>Both of those schools look great, though a bit costly. </p>

<p>Anything that's public, maybe a bit less?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>i don't think independent reading is a ec as well.</p>

<p>try the UCs perhaps.
NYU might be a good idea.</p>

<p>Yes, the UCs look interesting, as well as NYU</p>

<p>I like the idea of Berkeley and UCLA, except I know Berkeley doesn't have a creative writing major, only a minor. </p>

<p>Going to research UCLA now.</p>