Changed from Permanent Resident to US Citizen?

<p>I recently changed from being a Permanent Resident to a US Citizen. However, ALL of my financial aid applications (CSS, FAFSA, school supplements) still say I am a permanent resident. Should I go back and take the time to change every single one of these to me being a US Citizen?</p>

<p>Is there difference to being a Permanent Resident or US Citizen that I should know of? If being a Permanent Resident is more advantageous, then I don't want to get in trouble later for lying for my own benefit. If US Citizen is more advantageous, I'd want to use that.</p>

<p>I used the Harvard Financial Aid calculator and if you tweak the form for being a permanent resident vs US Citizen, it appears to say that Permanent Residents don't have to do work study to pay for college whereas US Citizens do. Is this true?</p>

<p>Contact the financial aid offices at your schools. They will tell you what you need to send in to change your status.</p>

<p>Congratulations on your change of status!</p>


<p>Anyways, my main question was whether such a detail mattered in the Financial Aid process since most would consider Permanent Resident and US Citizens equal in terms of aid to give. I applied to 17 schools and individually messaging them to change this detail (if not important) would be a huge hassle. If possible, I was planning on waiting for decisions to come out, deciding on one college to go to, and THEN updating that one college. However, if the difference between Permanent Resident and US Citizens matter, than I will message every college now.</p>

<p>It matters sometimes. I believe there are certain scholarships that are available for US citizens only. For example, Benjamin A. Gilman scholarship for Pell recipients. So, I would notify the colleges.</p>