<p>Hey so my major is supposed to be Neuroscience but I kinda think I want to change it. I’m not sure it’s right for me and I don’t want my freshman schedule to be ruined by classes I won’t enjoy. I’m thinking of getting away from a science major. So how would I go about changing my major and does that affect the placement tests I already took? I did my pre-orientation hw already and took a placement test for math, chem, and a language. Is there a placement test for Writing? I realize these are a lot of questions that cover different topics. : D</p>
<p>When I checked in at orientation, I was asked whether or not I wanted to change my major. Just tell them that you want to change it, either to undecided or something else. </p>
<p>It may or may not make a difference in terms of placement tests. Language is required for essentially every BA, while math and chem are only required for specific majors. For instance, if you chose to switch to psych, you’d need to take the math and language placement tests. Chem is likely the one that you didn’t need, but don’t worry! </p>
<p>The writing placement is only required of some people (I believe there’s a minimum SAT score). You’d know if you had to take it, and the test happens during orientation.</p>
<p>Thanks so much!</p>