Changing the PIN?


<p>Is it possible to change the parent and the students PIN numbers if I have the old ones? and if so, how does one go about doing this? </p>

<p>I had someone helping us do the forms and now I would like to change the PINs for security reasons.</p>

<p>In addition, Is this process immediate when the PIN number is changed? Or does it take time to take effect. I still need daily access to the file, as we are still making changes to colleges and updating our tax filed status.</p>

<p>Thank you for any help that you can offer? </p>


<p>Yes, you can change your PINs. Go to The</a> PIN Web Site - Federal Student Aid. Disable the PINs, then Reestablish the PINs. When you reestablish, pick out your own PINs. That way, you will remember it. It only takes a day or so to get the new PIN established (that is, until the processor does the necessary checks & makes it active).</p>