Characteristics of Andover Students vs Characteristics of Exeter Students

<p>Hey world, wasup? Could you please answer my question? Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>What are some characteristics of students who would be "a fit" at exeter vs what are some characteristics of students who would be "a fit" at andover?</p>

<p>This thread is not a andover vs exeter thread. I don't want any comments regarding which school is better. They are both GREAT schools-that is not arguable.</p>

<p>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the SEARCH bar.</p>

<p>Or you can check the "similar threads".</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>To the thread police : Search bar is fine, but I think this is a worthy topic. </p>

<p>Both schools attract brilliant kids.</p>

<p>@gonnastop, I tried using the search bar and similar threads, but none of them were like my thread. I could find any threads in the search bar that had the info I wanted; so is it okay for me to have this thread?</p>

<p>I don't think they tend to accept a certain "type" of students. Isn't diversity important?(diversity of thoughts and skin color)</p>

<p>According to those old threads, Andover is more laid-back???</p>

<p>Exeter- more math and sciencey...from what I've heard
Andover-seems it's more athletic in more sports then Exeter...</p>

<p>Is Andover more aesthetic/artsy?</p>

<p>SSRS</p>

<p>Exeter has a dresscode, Andover does not. The dresscode is because the student council wants to keep it, not because of the school itself.</p>

<p>Exeter has saturday classes most weeks, Andover has them once a (don't remember)</p>

<p>I would say that Andover is relatively more relaxed... but the environment at both schools is still competitive. </p>

<p>The quality of the math/science depart at Exeter does not make Exeter a math/science school.</p>

<p>
[quote]
The quality of the math/science depart at Exeter does not make Exeter a math/science school.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>@seikuu If you were refering to my post, I didn't say Exeter is a math/science school; I said it was more math and sciency than Andover and I was refrencing to the quality of the math and science department at Exeter.</p>

<p>I got into both schools, and I have to say, from what I have noticed, this is my unbiased opinion:</p>

<p>Exeter: Warmer, slightly more stressful yet less competitive between students, a lot of freedom (possibly too much in the sense, though if you are failing classes or so they WILL get after you), </p>

<p>Andover: Feels less "alive", more humanities based, slightly less freedom, feels like more people looking over your shoulder, even though there is no dress code I feel it is slightly more preppy</p>