Chinese

<p>So budget cuts have affected our school and Chinese will only be offered for 2 years. I took chinese 1 as a freshman and will be taking chinese 2 as a sophomore next year. Our school works on block scheduling so we have 4 classes for half the year and 4 different class for the second half. I have all the top level classes and have gotten straight A+s and intend to finish freshman year with straight A+s. I want to know how this will affect the way colleges look at me. I am interested in Ivy Leagues and other top colleges.</p>

<p>Just for reference,
These are my schedules for the next 3 years ("r" = honors in our school;however, they label english as "honors" for a "label" as it is harder than a "r" class. Yeah i know it's weird)</p>

<p>Sophomore year is the only year that I know the semester break downs for.</p>

<p>Sophomore:
S1:
English 2 Honors R
Chinese 2 R
Algebra 2 R
Chemistry R</p>

<p>S2:
Gym/ Health Ed.
Pre-Calculus R
AP U.S. History 1
Physics R</p>

<p>Junior:
Gym/ Driver's Ed.
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
AP Language & Comp.
AP Physics
AP Chemistry
AP U.S. History 2
AP Statistics</p>

<p>Senior:
-Gym/ Health Ed.
-Multivariable Calculus/ Differential Equations/Linear Algebra (labeled "C" as it recieves AP level rank points)
-AP Literature & Composition
-AP Bio of Organisms & Evolution
-AP Cell Biology & Genetics (it is a full year course in our school and therefore divided into 2 schools)
-Anatomy & Physiology R
-AP European History or AP Macro or Microeconomics
-Theater Arts Oratory (Public Speaking) R (for a grad. requirement)</p>

<p>What do you guys think?</p>

<p>I greatly appreciate the help!</p>

<p>Courseload is actually fine, but it is recommended to take 3 years of a foreign language.
Also, try to get 8 APs before junior year ends so you can get AP National Scholar.</p>

<p>I heard that they don't care about AP national scholar... That's what my counselor told me but I kinda didn't believe me.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies, will take what you guys said into consideration. But i don't want to start a new language junior year.</p>

<p>I'm not sure I can help you with your question, but how can you be in both Calc AB and Calc BC as a junior? I thought CB did not allow students to take those exams in the same year.</p>

<p>@Z.Exodus2008 : Well, we have semester scheduling, so I'd have Calc AB fall semester and then BC spring. I would only take the BC test in this case.</p>

<p>bumpp...id like other opinions as well</p>

<p>***also, in the beginning, the parentheses next to AP Bio, i meant to write (...divided into two courses)</p>

<p>The top colleges will probably not be happy with only 2 years of language (is that only 1.5 since Chinese seems to only be in the fall of your sophomore year?), even though it's because the language was discontinued by your school.</p>

<p>^:/ i thought as much, and its 2, we have block scheduling, so its a whole course</p>

<p>*But to be honest, I'm not really interested in languages, I'm really interested in science and math.</p>

<p>bump</p>

<p>10char</p>

<p>Is there anyway you could continue Chinese at a community college? Two years doesn't look that great.</p>

<p>^I believe it's only offered to students who have taken AP Chinese, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the option!</p>