Hi! I was recently admitted to a bunch of schools but it’s hard to choose… Can you guys help please! So my top choices are:
- USC: Dornsife college, Econ or Econ/Maths major
→ Pros: Great campus, school pride, flexibility, LA, smaller classes…
→ Cons: A bit more expensive than the others though money isn’t a big issue, far from home (I come from Europe), Low rankings compared to UofT
+How well-regarded is USC? How are Economics there?
- University of Toronto: Arts and Sciences, Social Sciences path and probably majoring in Econ/Maths
→ Pros: Toronto, great academics, closer to home, a bit less expensive than USC
→ Cons: highly competitive, UofTears?, soo many students (can reach 1,500+ in some classes)
- McGill University: Arts or Desautels management, major in Economics
→ Pros: Not expensive, Montreal is cool, I’m skipping year 1
→ Cons: competitive mentality, McGill is really low-ranked compared to the others
- University of Warwick: BSc Economics
→ Pros: great campus, amazing academics…
→ Cons: bad weather, not really flexible, not the same student experience compared to what I could experience in Canada or in the US
- I was waitlisted at NYU Stern, any thoughts on my chances of getting in? And is it worth it?
At the moment I’d say that my best options are USC and UofT but I want to make sure that I choose wisely.
I plan on working in Business, Economics or Finance.
I’m looking for a school that will give me the best graduate prospects and a cool student experience.