<p>I have got PhD admissions from ECE GATECH and UCLA CS departments. I really don't know which one is better for me.</p>
- my advisor has a few papers that have been cited more than 1500 times.
- my co-advisor is very well-know. everybody knows him and his graduate students have found good jobs and he publishes several good papers each year.
- they have a lot of funding. my RA is about 3500$ per month on average.</p>
- ranking is very low compared to Gatech's
- I like the research of the co-advisor not the advisor's
- I don't know anybody there and I consider it a real problem.
- I am very worried that I can not find a good academic job after that due to the low rank. I know someone who did his postdoc in Berkeley but he is now an assistant professor in a very very low rank school.</p>
- very good ranking and it matters alot for finding an academic job.
- I know a lot of people there and it is like my home country.
- most of the students are smart and the research environment is very good.
- there are great professors in other departments to collaborate with.
- several good courses are offered each semester.</p>
- my advisor is not very knowledgable and I am sure I will not know anything more than what I know now after graduataion. So I will not be satisfied with my research which is a bad thing for studying PhD.
- a couple of my friends who graduated from that department could not find good jobs.</p>
<p>I would appreciate it if you could help me.</p>