Class of 2009 - When did you guys find the decision?

<p>This year’s decision comes out jan 21 for early applicants. However, I heard that last year students’ decision came out earlier before the posted notification date. How much earlier? Thanks!</p>

<p>We were actually the class of 2010! :] And, no, decisions came out LATE–they kept pushing back the date.</p>

<p>Aren’t we the class of 2014?</p>

<p>I’m not sure - To be honest, I’m just hoping I’m able to be a class of anything.</p>

<p>[UNC</a> Admissions Blog](<a href=“UNC Admissions Blog”>UNC Admissions Blog)</p>

<p>The blog gives a good idea of the problems MyUNC was facing, and the comments on the blog post show the deadline issues.</p>

<p>I heard that some people found out early too. I hope I’m one of those people :)</p>

<p>whoops - class of 2010, that’s what i meant! sorry!
@glimmer1991 - how much earlier? thanks!
@uvaorbust - your stats are awesome, how can you think that? lol! don’t give up :slight_smile:
@carolinahopeful - same. i really, really want to know earlier. the suspense is killing me :/</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Class of 2014 dammit. > : (</p>

<p>@blue_box, hahahah sorry!!! lol. well, when did you find out when you got in?</p>

<p>After the first waitlist review (I was waitlisted).</p>

<p>I think the first deadline decisions were released either on January 31st or February 1st. The system crashed for several hours around midnight, I found out my decision around 5am.</p>

<p>I got my decision at like 2am on February 1st :)</p>

<p>Hola, as other posters have said, last year the decisions did NOT go out early. (In fact, they were slightly late due to the problems with the new system.) However, in the several previous years before that, the decisions went out at least a few days earlier than the stated deadline. (I’m sure you could go back and check the message board to see exactly how early decisions went out in 2008 and 2009.) However, some of the most outstanding applicants have historically received “likely letters” ahead of time which indicate that they are very almost certain to receive admission. If my memory serves me correctly, I think those have usually gone out in December…Good luck to you!</p>

<p>@blue_box, so when did you know you were waitlisted? when was the waitlist decision out?
Sorry, I just can’t take the suspense ><</p>

<p>Thanks everyone! (:
& if you want to do me a favor, chance me please!
<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1009820-chances-unc-chapel-hill-nc-state-wake-forest-emory-ill-chance-back.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1009820-chances-unc-chapel-hill-nc-state-wake-forest-emory-ill-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I was waitlisted on Feb 1, and accepted on April 30.</p>