Class of 2016 Early Decision II

<p>it's time! who else applied (or will apply) ED2 to cmc?</p>

<p>I applied ED2!</p>

<p>6 weeks to go... i'm counting down the days.
i'm from northern CA, intended gov major. how about you?</p>

<p>i want to major in econ/gov. And I'm from upstate NY. I'm trying not to worry about it because I'm always busy with school, sports, and socializing but CMC is always on my mind.</p>

<p>I applied EDII - it's going to be a long 6 weeks :D</p>

<p>-SAT: 2130 (790 CR, 670 W & M)
-GPA: 3.5 (around 3.8 junior, senior year)
-Nationally successful policy debater - put a lot of hours into the activity.
-Strong essay on Barack Obama - perhaps too partisan though.
-Half-Hispanic
-7 APs by the time of graduation, all 5s so far</p>

<p>Hate to be that guy, but would anyone want to venture to guess my chances?</p>

<p>Guys, I applied ED II as well... not received anything back yet. Not a confirmation or anything... weird?
Plus I sent my financial aid forms quite late... one week late actually. Is that going to affect my financial aid offer or -even worse- my application ?</p>

<p>i applied to cmc on december 1 and didn't get the confirmation until the 8th, so you should be getting it pretty soon. but also they probably have way more apps to process right now than a month ago so it might be a little bit longer until they send those out.
how it works with financial aid... i think... (at least with the fafsa) is you can submit during the month of january and it's first come first serve, so the earlier the better, but you're not disqualified from it by submitting later. i have no idea how it works with the css profile though. but fin. aid shouldn't have any effect on your actual application... pretty sure they do need-blind admissions.</p>

<p>I applied to! And I'm an international.</p>

<p>Yo tambien :) Soy un estudiante international de India</p>

<p>i applied as well. super nervous and counting down the days haha. it's nice to see a fellow cxer. VOLTRONN, who do you debate for?</p>

<p>@oxfordcomma427:
I debate for a really tiny school in WA state. How about you?</p>

<p>My S also applied for the ED2 as well. Just wondering about the number of this ED2 candidates, what exactly is the ED2 percentage comparing to the whole ED pool? (CMC only showed the total ED1+ED2 number). It seems like only a handful of students applying for ED2.</p>

<p>Paryuk, unfortunately, CMC has never broken out the numbers between ED1 and ED2. We can only speculate, but I would say more kids are applying ED1, although it is anyone's guess if their acceptance rate is higher/lower for ED2 than ED1.</p>

<p>Voltronn-I debate in colorado. I know some kids in washington, mostly st. george's kids.</p>

<p>according to cmc's student newspaper, based on the number of apps and how many they want to admit, the admissions office expects to have an acceptance rate of 11.7% this year... anyone else getting nervous????
haha not the greatest statistic to hear this close to the notification date! last year the ED rate was like 20 percentage points higher than the overall, though... so we do have an advantage</p>

<p>anyone else feeling awkward about the recent scandal?</p>

<p>The 11.7% is for regular decision right? And according the the email the president sent out, it doesn't affect acceptances at all, so we should be fine.</p>

<p>"anyone else feeling awkward about the recent scandal? "</p>

<p>I said in the other thread that, IMHO, CMC should release students from the binding ED decision (the rationale is that there was a "contractual misrepresentation" from CMC's side).
I am not saying that applicants should not go to CMC... If they still chose to go, fine. My point is that CMC could be cavalier and give the applicants the opportunity to change their minds given important information that was revealed after the ED applications.</p>

<p>fca719 is correct. CMC should release ED1s and ED2s from any implied contractual obligation. In effect these students should be treated like Early Action applicants at colleges and universities that offer early admits that option. Give them until normal reply date for regular admits. Many will choose CMC any way because they already have tipped their preference. But this would show good faith by releasing families from a process that in the current cycle has been corrupted. This release should come from the president not the interim dean of admissions.</p>

<p>..... Me +1</p>