class of 2038

I saw this and it made me wonder, is this how college admissions will be in the future?

Zzzzz on Mar 31, 6:36 PM said:

Ivy League admission letters just went out — here are the acceptance rates for the Class of 2039

At 5 p.m., top high school students from around the world found out whether they will attend one of the eight prestigious Ivy League universities next year.

Here’s what we know about who got in:

Columbia University accepted 22 from a pool of 66,250 applications, according to a university press release, for a .0332% acceptance rate — a record low for the school. Last year, Columbia admitted .0333% of applicants.

Princeton University accepted 19 students from 57,290 applications for the Class of 2019, for a .03316% admissions rate. Last year, Princeton admitted .03317% of applicants.

Brown University accepted 25 of 40,397 applicants or a .0413% acceptance rate. Last year, the university had a .04135% acceptance rate.

Dartmouth College accepted 21 students from 40,504 applications, for an admissions rate of .05184%%, according to a college spokesperson. Dartmouth received 39,235 applications last year.

Like last year, the most interesting statistics released for the Class of 2019 will probably be Dartmouth’s, which finally posted a rise in applications after consistently lower numbers over the past two years.

The New Hampshire Ivy saw a lower acceptance rate this year, after taking .06184%% of applicants to the Class of 2018. Dartmouth received 39,235 applications last year, down 14% from 2033.

Not every school’s admissions percentage dropped this year, though.

The University of Pennsylvania accepted 36 from 37,267 applicants — the largest in the University’s history — according to a university press release. The admissions rate for the Class of 2019 stayed the same as last year, at .096600%.

Yale University’s admissions rate rose, from .06283691% for the Class of 2038 to this year’s .06283692%. Yale admitted 19 of 30,237 applicants, according to a university press release.

Harvard’s admission rate this year dropped after they accepted only 1 student out of 232,423 which lowered their admissions rate to .00043%. This year is looking to be one of the best classes ever in Harvard’s history.

Experts recommend applying to Safety Schools like Cornell just in case they don’t get into an Ivy League school.

In other news, public education has been going through budget cuts and are continuing to close down schools. Harvard has also had its share of financial problems after their endowment fell from 189 to 188 of the world’s biggest GDPs. Steve Ballmer decided to help the institution by donating another billion dollars to make sure Harvard Business School has enough money for researchers to study important issues such as how to ask for a raise.

We will continue to update this post as more information becomes available.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ivy-league-acceptance-class-of-2019-2015-3#ixzz3ZbaisAf6

No one has opinions? wow I’m surprised

Lol @ the Harvard one.

Why do you think the class sizes will reduce so dramatically?
On a serious note, what kind of acceptance rate can we expect by 2023? My 9 year old sister is already thinking about what college to attend

OMG! I have just finished freshman year of high school, and I am already scared as it is! College will not be this enclosed for people! These stats are not possible for one university. Class sizes? Majors? This is honestly not gonna happen. Funny…

How is that even possible

This is sooooo funny.

But aside from that, I think this is quite an interesting take on the complexity of being admitted to such prestigious universities in the future!

MODERATOR’S NOTE: Please don’t resurrect old threads.