Class of 30 Undergrad/Class of 28 Grad: All Things Related to Music School Applications (prescreens/tours/interviews/auditions/supplements/etc)

Yeah we got some academic scholarships from MSU as well but there is still a pretty big gap to overcome and that’s where I was hoping a music scholarship will help but if they take their sweet time they may lose out on him lol I get that your kid wants out of Indiana….mine wants out of Florida lol

I really don’t expect him to make a decision until the last week of April unless compelling money comes sooner. Which, as a planner, hurts my heart and soul.

haha I’m a planner too and I 100% get you. We tried to help my son narrow down his list a little last night and that got us nowhere fast. I’m all how can these 2 schools even be equal. He wants to wait until the rest. I’m all for let’s remove schools as we wait lol

1 Like

We haven’t heard anything yet today either! So anxious and going crazy.

3 Likes

Thanks! I did too!

Good afternoon! This is my first comment. I was wondering whether anyone knows whether Peabody Institute comes out with JHU tomorrow?

I’m pretty sure they do not come out at the same time. Peabody stated “By April 1st” and past years it was always after JHU.

1 Like

If the application is for dual degree at JHU and Peabody, the result should come out with JHU. It did in 2023 and 2024. I don’t know any applicant last year so don’t remember.

It is not but I appreciate both of you @FSUSammy and @somethings . My daughter is a Vocal Performance applicant

1 Like

Ohhh the wait!! We are still waiting on IU. Expected to hear tomorrow, but now I am reading others have already heard! On pins and needles.

2 Likes

Hi! Does anyone know when NEC releases MM results?

My son heard that music ed and BSOF kids heard today from IU (he’s a BSOF kid). Music performance will hear tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thornton?

Was asked by USC for some addtl fin aid info today….

2 Likes

How about Bienen and Blair? Since those come out in late March, does financial aid info come out at the same time?

I think Thornton is also “By April 1st”

I believe Bienen will be towards the end of the month. At this point I believe any schools that release this late in the game will also release financial aid info with their decision or very soon after.

2 Likes

Does anyone here have a student that is potentially torn between a few schools? How are they going to differentiate things enough to make a decision???

I guess I was hoping money alone would be the deciding factor for my son but apparently that’s not going to be the case. Two of his top 4 are seriously only different by $500.

He spent the day yesterday at UM Frost sitting in on some classes and came home more confused than ever. Now I’m going to see if I could maybe fly him to Boston to do something similar at Berklee, need him to call Admissions today to see if they can even accommodate something like this. I just don’t know how to help him beyond that.

Has he met each of the main professors he’d be working be with? Pick the school he likes the teacher best. That’s what my kid will probably end up doing if all other things are essentially equal.

2 Likes

At 2 of the 4 he has. He does regular lessons with the professor at UM Frost. I wonder if we need to go old school and just do a pros/cons list.