Bienen: Waitlist, strong contender if he gets in and is offered merit
IU/JSOM: Accepted, received merit scholarship today. Love the program & we are very grateful but need more! We are OOS and the COA is still above what we can swing
Frost: Accepted with merit but not even close to enough. My kid is really hoping for more from them to bring it in our range, but I’m not holding my breath.
Peabody: Waitlist
Blair: Rejected
this feels like the waiting game all over again to see if/how merit $ moves as students accept & decline!
I was wondering the same thing. I haven’t seen anything about a specific date they have to let us know by, but people around me keep saying it should be by April 1
Yep every cent counts. It’s a long road for classical vocalists. Classical voices mature later. There’s grad school and Young Artist Programs. Once done with those, chances are a kid needs to live somewhere near a bigger city where it’s easier to access auditions—usually cities with costly rent. Gotta play the long game…
Last school is finally in. He got into MSM. Supposedly got their top scholarship but we have to wait to see if we get any kind of financial aid. I’d venture to say no because only thing other schools have given us is just loans.
Edited to add that we learned later that his scholarship was NOT the top scholarship lol that there were some folks that he knew that got upwards of 50k. We will definitely attempt an appeal. But right now the front-runners are Berklee and UM Frost with Berklee taking a HUGE lead.
Does anyone know the studio placement process at Juilliard? My dd’s and a friends admit said “studio to be assigned later”. The norm? Financials later too.
DS is in at MSM, too (for masters in contemporary performance). He told me what his scholarship amount was, but then when I saw responses here I asked him if perhaps need-based was coming later (MSM was the only place that wanted our financial info as well as his), and he went back to look and said, “oh. yes.” So we’ll see! Final results are: in at Rutgers, ASU, Bard, and MSM and waitlisted at UMich. Based on that I wish he’d put more reaches for admission that come with guaranteed funding on the list, but oh well. He doesn’t have full financial info yet for 2 of the schools and then there might be more back and forth with any of them before final $$s are clear…I think he’ll wind up with something that could be workable in the end, and if not he’s open to taking a year to save some money (though he’d rather not).
As a teacher, I always say, “there’s no such thing as a stupid question”, but this kind of feels like one—is the Jacobs financial aid offer behind the “Accept my offer” button under the decision letter section? We’ve been ignoring that until finding out about $ and she’s afraid to click it to check…
No. It’s a new red stripe on the main page below the admission decision that says “A financial award letter has been posted to your application”, and just underneath a “view financial award letter” button.
My son’s JSOM notification appeared on his portal sometime between midnight and 7:30am Central, which implies to me that it’s all automated and that yours will be coming, whenever the computer decides it’s time….