cloth water filters

<p>Honestly I don't know why it's so hard to obtain these in American markets (I've like gone to Bed and Bath, random supermarkets and done online shopping and googling), but as Wikipedia tells you, these are very cost-effective ways of filtering water, removing 99% of pathogens. </p>

<p>The water quality in my apartment is less than ideal -- it's quite safe and quite drinkable, but the taste is funny and there are threads that emerge in the water sometimes. It's not just endemic to my apartment -- but in my dorms too, in the unfiltered (room temp) water fountains. Really, I don't want to pay 29.99 for some expensive-ass, sophisticated and TV-marketed water filter that I'll have to change in a month (especially with all my cooking) when I can get 30 cent cloth filters that I have to at most change every week (if not less often). </p>

<p>I don't need 100% pure, pH 7.00000 water, and contrary to what you spoiled industrialized folk might think (:P), cloth filters in Singapore and Asia I think were available to fit on your tap with pores of about 20-60 micrometres wide -- quite doable with say, the material of a traditional sari. Just think of chromatography -- the OH-laden cellulose cloth easily traps pathogens, charged particles and ions, polar and polarizable substances and halogens, and I'm sure it'll do a significant job at curbing the taste of chlorine. An old T-shirt won't do, because ironically, American-made T-shirts have larger pore sizes than even the traditionally-woven filter cloth (and I'm sure American industrial processes are capable of cheaply making cloth with pore sizes of 1 micrometre). Is there any way to get some, or maybe I'm missing a brand here?</p>

<p>Didn't read complete post, but you can try consuminb bottled water until your able to get the cloth water filter etc...</p>

<p>Are there any Asian websites that you can order them from?</p>