CMU IDOC parents' 1099 forms

<p>It says that I need to submit my parents W-2 forms and their 1099 forms. I thought you were only supposed to get one of them? I have the W-2 forms but I have no idea what the 1099 forms are.</p>

<p>For the student non-tax filer's statement, it says "List below all of the sources and amounts of money received from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. Include untaxed income (e.g., AFDC, SSI, military living allowance) and earnings not reported on a federal income tax return. Please include supporting documentation for all income sources listed below." </p>

<p>I was paid a stipend for doing research during the summer of 2011, which was mentioned on FAFSA and CSS as part of student wages/income. The only possible supporting documentation I had was the check, which I lost months ago.</p>

<p>irbensen - If you received a check - you should be getting a W-2 from the Research Facility. That is what you would have to send in.</p>

<p>If your parents do not have a 1099 - then don't send it. A 1099 is wages paid to an independent contractor, etc. Most likely if they have a W-2, they would not have a 1099. That's not always the case, but probably most of the time.</p>

<p>1099 also shows interest and dividents from bank accounts, stocks, bonds, etc. Those amounts are considered income.</p>

<p>kk3473 - oops forgot about that - thanks for clarifying for irbensen.</p>

<p>Anyone know when the iDoc forms are due? I know it's ASAP but what's the deadline?</p>

<p>The preferred deadline for everything to guarantee a financial aid package before the May 1st deposit deadline is Feb 15th. <a href=""&gt;;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I would like to know how long it takes for collegeboard to process and send the IDOC to CMU...</p>