Coastal School, for Midwest kid.

<p>What is a good business school, for an average student? 3.2 24 ACT, 200+ hrs community service, 3 varsity sports, 1 club, and founder of online computer company.</p>

<p>Which coast?</p>

<p>Prefer West, but wouldn't mind east. Not a big fan of the south(Gulf of Mexico.)</p>

<p>And do you want: big, large, small - care if it's urban,rural or suburban, - want the south or north - care about the climate - will you need financial aid - do you care if it has a religious affiliation?</p>

<p>Large, small, I don't really mind. Relgion, well I don't mind that, but nothing to religious like BYU. Temerature, don't mind, like warm but played ice hockey all my life, so im fine with cold. Money, don't mind at this point. Just trying to check out some schools.</p>

<p>Babson-near Boston is a good business school. Might also look at Holy Cross-1 hour from Boston.</p>

<p>If you can raise your ACT a bit, check out the University of San Diego (USD), Loyola Marymount University, and the University of Portland. All three are very good private schools with pretty campuses and solid business departments.</p>

<p>The only problem with babson, is that I heard that all they really offer is business. So if I decided to go into another major if I go there, I won't have much to choose from.</p>

<p>Holy Cross is a very good liberal arts school that offers degrees in accounting and economics in addition to a lot of non-business majors.</p>

<p>What about bentley?</p>

<p>bentley is very good also. Another business specialty that is worth considering. Very similar to Babson, slightly larger student body, similar location, some people tend to fit in there better. A well respected New England business school definetely worth looking into.</p>

<p>Your GPA and ACT are a little low for schools like Holy Cross and Babson.</p>

<p>On the west coast, I agree with the suggestions of the University of San Diego (realistic reach), Loyola Marymount (match), University of Portland (match) and I'd also add:
Seattle University (match), University of Redlands (match), Chapman University (match), Santa Clara University (realistic reach), University of San Francisco (safety), St. Mary's College of California (match), Pepperdine (reach), University of Southern California (reach), University of Oregon (match), University of Washington (match/reach), San Diego State (match), Cal State Long Beach (match), Oregon State University (safety).</p>

<p>On the east coast, check out Quinnipiac University (CT), Bentley (RI), Loyola College of Maryland, Gettysburg College (PA), Susquehanna U, Boston U, Elon (NC) and Northeastern.</p>

<p>I looked at pr's site, and under admissions for bentley it starts out to say "Admission to Bentley is selective, based on past accomplishments and future potential." Being that I currently own a succesful online computer store, will that be positive toward it? I also am in the working of organzing a 5k run/walk to raise money for a local charity. I plan on becomming an entrepreneur when I grow up. So being that I already started a company, would that help in admissions? And im wondering if you think I have a good shot?</p>

<p>Currently I've looked at Indiana University and was very happy, but decided to give Bentley a look, cause from what I've researched it seemed to match me well. So generally which ever of the two I like I will most likely apply ED.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>"I plan on becomming an entrepreneur when I grow up. So being that I already started a company, would that help in admissions? And im wondering if you think I have a good shot?"</p>

<p>Um, technically, you are an entrepeneur. Your application and essays can help you a lot if presented well. </p>

<p>Are you a junior?</p>

<p>Hmmm. Entrepreneurship. If I'm not mistaken Babson IS the school for entrepreneurship. You could very well get in to Babson if you present this company of yours well enough in your essays and have your teachers and guidance counselor mention this company. It also depends how successful this company of yours really has been. If it is well into the thousands upon thousands or even three thousand or 5 thousand you can use that to your advantage but if your profit is say $10 then you probably shouldn't mention it. Babson IS tops for becoming an entrepreneur. I believe it is ranked # 1 by U.S. News & World Report for that category.</p>

<p>Currently with your stats Bentley matches your academic profile as well as future goals. I would look into Bentley as it is very similar to Babson but is slightly larger (student body size). If you want to be an an entrepreneur or continuing to be one I suggest retake the SAT and try to increase your gpa and then aim for a place like Babson. Also Indiana's Kelly School of Business is phenomenal. It is ranked I believe in the top 10.</p>

<p>If you are a junior I reccomend retaking the SAT and going for a 1250-1300. That will give you many more options.</p>

<p>Im currently a junior and only took the ACT once so far. I plan on taking it at the beginning of next year.</p>

<p>You migth also want to take the SAT - in case your the type that does better on that than the ACT. You could take it - and list no colleges to send it to. When you get your scores, send if it is a good result for you.</p>

<p>In any case, you could work on your ACT score - maybe over the summer when you have a little more time. The rest of your 'stats' and EC's are very good.</p>

<p>San Diego State</p>

<p>loyola marymount in CA:
i know it is diverse and that it's good for film majors.. but if I'm interested in education, should i go there?<br>
also, does anyone know if the students there are happy?
thanks</p>

<p>University of Oregon. Very good business school and cool town.</p>