college app essay about drug dealer?

<p>I went to a camp to europe and met an european drug dealer. His life was pretty ****ed up and was not being nice at the camp. I talked to him and influenced him to change. His behaviors improved. After that I wanted to make things better for him, for people like him. I want to make this society a better place.</p>

<p>Do you think this kind of experience is unique at all?</p>

<p>Do many people meet drug dealers and succeed in changing them?</p>

<p>Is this a good essay topic overall?</p>

<p>I know the conclusion is pretty cliche...but I think I could mix it with the story and not show it explicitly...</p>

<p>Any opinions appreciated :)</p>

<p>This is definitely a unique experience. It seems like it was important to you. Using it as an essay topic will provide you with the opportunity to show who you are, how you think and what your long term goals might be. It presents you in a good light. All the way around this seems like a good possible essay topic. Does it tie into your academic interests or career goals in any way? If so, be sure to include that aspect as well.</p>

<p>I think this could be a good essay--as long as it's not about an expensive summer camp experience.</p>

<p>I know a similar situation at my school where a kid went to France and argued Religion with a beautiful Parisian girl in the middle of the night. Though yours is less glamorous, it is similar. He got into Princeton, if you are wondering. </p>

<p>Just make sure the essay is not too negative though.</p>

<p>thanks =) i was afraid that it might sound similar to one of those community service(or travel?) stories where you go to somewhere in africa and see someone poor and feel sorry for him
and want to change the world.........</p>