College Exclusion

<p>I need to find a college that doesn't require fine art and foreign language classes in high school.</p>

<p>I have either a GPA of 2.94 or 3.1*</p>

<p>My ACT test score was 24 but I just took it again and I'm waiting on the results.
I didn't take the SAT test.</p>

<p>I'm looking to go to school for biochemistry and computer programing.</p>

<p>I'm looking at USC and schools in the area.</p>

<p>I can't find any site that list college requirements</p>

<p>Are you a rising senior?
Why didn't you take foreign language classes in high school?
Is is because you are already fluent in a second language?</p>

<p>No I just graduated from high school.</p>

<p>They didn't have these classes. I only skeak english, but I can read some spanish words from my middle scholl classes.</p>

<p>I didn't take art but I can draw.</p>

<p>Are you planning on starting this fall?</p>

<p>If your high school did not offer these classes, then many colleges/universities will find a way to work around that if you meet the other admissions requirements. Contact the admissions offices of the places that you are interested in, and talk with them about your specific situation.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Schools' Common Data Sets contain information about their required high school courses. It's item C5, and it lists requirements and recommendations.</p>

<p>There was a thread a while back that provided links to many, many schools' Common Data Set forms.</p>

<p>What will you be doing this next school year? </p>

<p>Will you be going to a community college?</p>

<p>Your stats aren't high enough for USC. </p>

<p>You need at least an ACT 30 to have even a chance to get in there. The middle range of students have ACT scores of 29 - 32...with 25% of students having scores higher than an ACT 32.</p>

<p>Your GPA is also too low for USC</p>

<p>50% had h.s. GPA of 3.75 and higher
31% had h.s. GPA between 3.5 and 3.74</p>

<p>So, 81% have GPA above a 3.5</p>

<p>The students who are admitted with stats below these guidelines are usually athletes or special admits. </p>

<p>Of course there are many other schools in Calif. </p>

<p>What is your financial situation? How much will your family pay each year?</p>

<p>Are you saying that your high school didn't offer ANY foreign language classes or fine arts classes? Is this a Calif school???</p>

<p>By USC do you mean Southern Cal or South Carolina?</p>

<p>I had checked the stats of some colleges before. I was thinking that they might find a work around if I talk to them. I sent e-mails to few colleges but only UCLA sent anything back.
I'm happy with the fact that they were quick to reply but I can't go there.</p>

<p>Should I search Common Data Sets?
South Cal!</p>

<p>Isn't it way too late to apply to any colleges for Fall 2010 if you're already graduated?</p>

<p>I don't know. I'm just looking to find a college righ now.</p>

<p>I would recommend going to community college for a year or two and then transferring to a four-year college/university. It's a little late to be looking for a college for this fall now...most application due dates were months ago.</p>

<p>What about going to college in the winter? That is when I really wanted to go.</p>

<p>You might find it helpful to talk to UCLA's Academic Advancement Program counselors. All UC campuses have some version of this program (EOP on some campuses). It sounds like starting at a community college and transferring will be a good possibility given your timing. You want to make sure that you have a plan and take the right courses...AAP counselors can help you with this planning.
It's important to know that some community colleges have transfer arrangements with certain UCs, so ask about that before you choose a community college.</p>

<p>I talked to UCLA</p>

<p>they don't let undergrads in during the winter.</p>

<p>Also I'm not sure if my stats are strong enough to get in. I sent messages to USC and Stanford(there was a lack of understanding in their stat department). Only UCLA replyed and they said not to aply at this time.</p>

<p>You need to find some reasonable schools for your stats. USC, UCLA, and Stanford are not reasonable choices for your stats.</p>

<p>Also, it is harder to get financial aid when starting mid-year. Do you need financial aid? Would you qualify for financial aid?</p>

<p>What is your likely major?</p>

<p>I think you're going to need to start a local community college. Which ones are close enough to commute to?</p>

<p>siliconvalleymom, why did you bring up UCLA?</p>

<p>I think siliconvalleymom mentioned UCLA and the other UCs as a possibility if you go to a community college first. </p>

<p>UCLA only admits about 1/3 of it's applicants.</p>

<p>Does USC have a new Common Data Set
the old one if okay but I'm glad that they admit students during other quarters becides winter.</p>

<p>UC Merced maybe Riverside a reach</p>