College help

<p>I have a 3.1 GPA and scored a 1440 on my SAT test in June. I play football and have been on varsity for 3. This year I tore my acl in the first game...had surgery on November 30.... anyways I have taken 5 years of Chinese. I have been in Honors U.S and Honors World History....what colleges are a good chance for me to get into around Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Delaware.... I reside in Maryland and need a relatively cheap college. I intend to major in Elementary Education...Any suggestions</p>

<p>Somehow most of that info doesn't pertain to your search for a school. </p>

<p>Look for colleges which have good programs in elementary education. Do some reading, and researching.</p>

<p>What about me having a 3.1 GPA and a 1440 SAT score? What schools would I qualify for???</p>

<p>Here, start searching: College</a> MatchMaker - Type of School</p>

<p>College Board'll at least give you an idea of your options. You can tell it where to search, your major, GPA and test scores, whatever criteria you know and it'll pull a list for you.</p>

<p>I think you should start off at a community college or state university. You will save tons of money and you can always transfer.</p>

<p>Where in Maryland? If you can attend PGCC, Montgomery College, AACC or College of SoMd. then there's the opportunity for a guaranteed transfer into UMD which has a good elementary education program:</p>

<p>University</a> of Maryland - Maryland Transfer Advantage Program - FAQs</p>

<p>UMD is bloody cheap as an in-state. It only costs me about $30K a year including living off-campus. If I commuted all four years I would end up paying about $32K in total.</p>

<p>I'm leaning towards Kutztown University of Pennsylvania. Its really cheap even out of state and hasa good education program from what I seem to read. Any other ideas? Or any tips about Kutztown</p>