College I don't like (but get free ride) or college I like (but kind of expensive)??

<ul>
<li>Choice A: A state college that would give me a full ride based on academics. I don’t like this college because it’s too big and the general population of the school are C-average, lazy kids who drink way too much. I don’t feel safe on the capmus and I don’t like the environment (I’m a nerd!)</li>
<li>Choice B: A state college that is more expensive and would not give me any financial aid. I like this college because it’s more respectable and the students are more like me (not to sound mean, just that I like to be surrounded by kids who care about their education and understand they aren’t paying to party). I figured I could save a little bit of money if I live in a loft with 6 other people, which is not really preferable but I could deal.</li>
</ul>

<p>Which do I choose? The route that won’t be optimal but will save me money or the path that is what I want but will kick me in the butt later on in life?</p>

<p>Thanks for the help</p>

<p>and my intended major is English and Business Writing with a minor in Psychology</p>

<p>Edit: I’m not national merit but I…uh…achieve? I don’t know how to explain it. I don’t do freakishly perfect on standardized tests but- like technically i’m going to graduate twice from highschool becuase it requires 30 credits and i’ll have 73. My counselor told me that I could get into the school and apply for this academic program where they’d pay for everything I just had to maintain my 4.0.
And Choice B has a far superior English program</p>

<p>If you wouldn’t mind, could you tell us the names of these colleges? Then maybe we could guage how strong the English/Business programs are. If the full ride is for national merit then you also have tons of other options and I can link you to a website detailing the various full ride options available. Congrats on the full ride opportunity though!</p>

<p>is their also a choice c or d, not just a or b?</p>

<p>Yeah, if we had the name of the schools, we could give a better analysis. </p>

<p>Sent from my X500 using CC</p>

<p>Just exactly how much money are your parents ready, willing, and able to pay each year?</p>

<p>How much do they expect you to pay each year from your own earnings and savings?</p>

<p>Would attending B require you to take on more debt than permitted under the Federal/Stafford loan program?</p>

<p>And do you anticipate graduate school? If so, then don’t take on undergrad debt. My child is in very strong honors program at big university and kids in the program are smart, achieving and very definitely skew toward nerdy…she loves it.</p>