College ideas:Right now I have Colorado College, Northeastern, Hamilton, Tufts, Macalester, Oberlin

Hi guys,
I am currently on a gap year studying Spanish in Spain and then in the spring will be going on a service trip to South America or working on a farm. While I applied to colleges last year I decided to reapply in case I change my mind about where I want to go.

Right now I have a deposit at UVM but I got into Boston College, Northeastern, Fordham, Skidmore, American, and Stonehill.

I think I want to be a teacher but I am not sure and am also interesting in Neuroscience and Psychology.

I got a 31 on my ACTs and 33 if you super score it. I have a 3.57 GPA which isn’t great. And a 5 on Psych, 4 on Macro and 4 on Micro and a 3 for Spanish (but I’ll obviously be a lot better when I get back). I played rugby, ran cross country, skied, and was part of a few clubs, for example, Amnesty International, Project Bead (we sold bracelets and donated the money to a charity), and community service clubs.

If anyone has any other college ideas please let me know. Also how you think my gap year might affect my admissions.

Thank you!!

Your list is fairly competitive. Are you going to keep UVM as your safety?

Yes, I got into more competitive schools then I thought I would last year (BC and Northeastern). I liked the vibe of UVM the best so I have my deposit down there but I’m hoping to find more competitive schools with similar vibes.

Gap year and community service will help with Tufts - if you can turn it into a good essay.

Brandeis is strong in neuro and somewhat easier to get into. You may find that it has a similar vibe.