College Prep Classes Bad?

<p>Are college prep classes bad? All I take college Prep classes and I do decent in some and poorly in others but I got in 85 through high school. Are colleges gonna look at me differently cause I didnt take honors or AP?</p>

<p>Does your school offer honors? If so, then it might hurt your admissions chances. If not, don't worry about it. Just take the most challenging curriculum available at your school.</p>

<p>My school does but you need a teachers signature and they never want to sign me. :(</p>

<p>Remeber the names and the faces of those teachers that won't let you sign up for honors or ap classes. When it comes time to get teacher recs for your applications . . . don't let them sign up to write yours.</p>

<p>Glido has a good point. Why won't they sign for you? If most of your teachers don't want to sign for you, maybe this reflects your academic potential?</p>

<p>Sorry for being blunt. I apologize if this is not the case, since I don't know your background and your situation so I can't put this into perspective.</p>

<p>Not taking most AP/honor courses will definitely reflect negatively in admissions. It shows that you have not challenged yourself. Also, schools will not be able to gauge if you are able to handle the academic demands at the college level. However, if you have a legitimate reason for only taking CP classes, do explain that on your application.</p>

<p>In my school, a student's parents can override a teacher's decision to not recommend the student for an honors class. If you cannot sign up for honors classes anyway, maybe you should try to show your expertise in other ways (such as taking SAT IIs, or doing extra- curricular activities that are sort of "academic"--like joining the History Club, etc). </p>

<p>It is always better to take more advanced classes, and from what I can tell, you seem to be able to handle them. Try talking to a counselor about your options and what is best for you as well.</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>