Colleges in a city with a campus feel?

<p>i know there have been other threads posted on the same topic, but i'd like one personalized to my own qualifications.
i want to attend a college in an urban area that still has a campus feel that places like UPenn have.<br>
here are my stats: </p>

<p>HS graduation year: 2011
UW GPA: 3.5
Weighted: 3.8
SAT Composite: 1940 (math + cr: 1320. i'll take the ACT this september & i'll re-take the SAT this october)
Took all AP & honors classes offered at my school. i also took a class at a local university for college credit.</p>

<p>EC's/awards:
Played JV tennis for 2 years, varsity tennis my senior year
Academic Spell Bowl team -- state finalists all 4 years, regional champions 3 years
Math team - regional champions 1 year. state champions 1 year.
National Finalist for 2 years in a row in a neuroscience competition
National Finalist for 2 years in a row in a public speaking competition
National Finalist for 2 years in a row in a essay writing competition
Marching Band State Runner up -- freshman year
Speech team - central indiana champions 1 year.
National Society of High School Scholars
National Honors Society
FIRST Robotics team for 3 years -- won a regional championship in 2009 (had leadership position)
VEX Robotics team for 2 years -- won a regional championship in 2009
Rocket Club
Vice President of Chess Club
Played violin for 6 years, performed at various concerts</p>

<p>Volunteer Activities: (total = slightly over 100 hrs)
Assisted my tennis coach in coaching small children
Assisted my tennis coach in his adult tennis classes
Volunteered at a local hospital
Assisted the Salvation Army </p>

<p>can anyone suggest any colleges that i could get into & also match my criteria?</p>

<p>I could give you some, but they are probably all reaches for you. </p>

<p>NYU
Columbia</p>

<p>I have not been to UPenn, but how about Northeastern as a match school?</p>

<p>Also, I have not visited UVM, but I have been to Burlington. Would that work for you.</p>

<p>BTW, you should see if your family can pay for the schools too. I know that both of the schools that I suggested would not work out financially.</p>

<p>Some other schools that I have not visited, but might meet your criteria so you might want to find out: UPitt, and Drexel</p>

<p>i don't think that northeastern is all that good for my major so i doubt i'll consider that.
same with UVM.
i want to major in neuroscience & do pre-med. cost really isn't an issue</p>

<p>How about Macalester in St. Paul?</p>

<p>Widener University in Philly</p>

<p>NYU feels a lot more disjointed than Penn does, not to mention the school is often described as lacking a communal, connected feel which i do think in part derives from the layout of the school. Safeties in Philly would include Drexel and Temple. Also there's a slew of Liberal Arts Colleges right outside of Philly (Swarthmore, Bryn Mawr and Haverford) which are selective and in suburban areas but really only a 15-25 minute train ride away from Philly.</p>

<p>I don't know much about college campuses in Boston but there's a crapload of colleges up there (it's not called the quintessential college town for nothing!)</p>

<p>Also, Widener definitely is not in Philly... Widener is in Chester. There's a BIG difference...</p>

<p>University of Rochester. They have a medical school.</p>

<p>University of Southern California
Carnegie-Mellon
Case-Western
University of Minnesota (kind of)
University of Texas - Austin
University of Miami
Georgetown</p>

<p>To name but a few.</p>

<p>Washington Seattle
UCLA
USC
Berkeley
Texas Austin
Northwestern</p>

<p>in Philly, beyond Penn there is Drexel (literally borders Penn and has done wonders at developing its own campus-within-a-city) and Temple (in north Philly, but has done the same thing)</p>

<p>UW-Madison seems like a match. :)</p>

<p>UPitt, especially for neuroscience</p>

<p>gc414 I apologize for the mistake, what I meant was that it is reletively close to Philly</p>

<p>Pitt and CMU, as mentioned before.</p>

<p>CMU doesn't really have pre-med though.</p>

<p>Pitt's medical school is on campus, and it's ranked in the top 20 best medical schools.</p>

<p>Boston college</p>

<p>BC is not in Boston, it's in Chestnut Hill.</p>

<p>Holy Cross great campus in mid-size city Worcester(1 hour from Boston). HC has brand new $70 million science building and a fantastic pre-med program.</p>

<p>I know it's in chestnut hill but it's literally a very short t ride away. And it has a very nice campus feel for it's proximity to the city</p>