Colleges that are still busy in the summer?

<p>I'm interested in taking a few summer classes at a university other than mine. Sort of a study-abroad but within the States. </p>

<p>I'm guessing that a school in a major metro area would be the first parameter. UCLA? NYU? Any other suggestions? The busier the campus is during the summer, the better.</p>

<p>Disclaimer: I'm biased because I go here and live in the area.</p>

<p>Arizona State(main/tempe campus) is huge with 70,000+ students, so it stays pretty lively during the summer. They offer on-campus housing over the summer as well, but it's a great school that is bound to have classes in your major and that will transfer. Also, it's in Tempe, AZ which is a great college metro area that never sleeps and borders Phoenix, AZ.</p>

<p>Other schools I would recommend: USC(LA metro), U of Chicago, Georgetown(DC metro), Emory(Atlanta metro), and UC Berkeley(Bay Area/near San Francisco metro).</p>

<p>I can't speak to the summer programs of those schools, but given their reputations I assume they hold up pretty well. Good luck!</p>

<p>ASU is an idea. Thanks for the suggestions.</p>

<p>I'd go with practically any school in Boston or DC. I don't know the specifics of which college is still busy or not, but those 2 cities are extremely lively and filled with colleges/youth during the summers. George Washington in DC has a campus integrated within the city and has a metro stop within its campus parameters (and a large student population of interns/what-nots during the summer), as do Georgetown and American.</p>

<p>OK I've been to Emory during the summer (I live in Atlanta), and besides random summer programs for high schoolers, it's pretty quiet there. Also, NYU doesn't really have a campus. I've never been there during the summer, but all my friends who are doing summer sessions at UCLA say there is a bit of life/bustle on campus, but it isn't nearly as hectic and busy as it is during the year. But a lot of famous people come there during the summer (since its more low-key). Also, a drawback with ASU is the weather (Phoenix+summer= anything but good). I was even there last September, and that was pretty unbearable.</p>

<p>UCLA is probably my top choice, if only for the cost. It's only $286 per credit, which is really cheap for a visiting student.</p>