colleges w/ intereting essay topics

<p>Which colleges have interesting essay topics? I don't really like any of the essay topic choices on the common app, so I'm looking for topics to steal. Any ideas?</p>

<p>Sorry for the typo on the thread title. ***interesting</p>

<p>U Chicago and Northwestern both have the "uncommon application". You can write on a topic of your choice on the common app...</p>

<p>Johns Hopkins</p>

<p>how do you spend ten bux to plan a day's adventure</p>

<p>my reaction: WtF?!</p>

<p>ardiu - that's quite a tame topic compared to those of chicago.</p>

<p>john hopkins is nothing compared to NYU : $10 to plan a day is a strange question but it's pretty obvious what they want to hear etc..
NYU is " wha did u do last sunday ( or the sunday before last sunday )?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
seriously, what the heck do they want to hear? I was thinking of putting " I was filling out apllications. the sunday before too. the sunday before that too. actually , I have been spending 25h a day filling out applications..." and just hope that they have a sense of humor . what do you think?</p>

<p>Ok...</p>

<p>Chicago essay options:</p>

<p>Essay Option 1
Have you ever walked through the aisles of a warehouse store like Costco or Sam’s Club and wondered who would buy a jar of mustard a foot and a half tall? We’ve bought it, but it didn’t stop us from wondering about other things, like absurd eating contests, impulse buys, excess, unimagined uses for mustard, storage, preservatives, notions of bigness . . . and dozens of other ideas both silly and serious. Write an essay somehow inspired by super-huge mustard.</p>

<p>any others..?</p>

<p>LAAAME</p>

<p>UofChicago (i think) had an essay prompt like "What do you think about Wednesdays?"</p>

<p>needless to say, i didn't apply there as a result.</p>