Common App 2012 - Technical Problems

<p>My son tried uploading his personal essay into Common app 2012, and the font changes to grey for 3/4 of the essay. Tried changing fonts, as well as tried uploading as .doc and .pdf. Still same results.
Any thoughts on what the problem is?</p>

<p>If you are using Chrome, the Common ap doesn't like it. You need to use Safari or explorer, it says somewhere which versions on the common ap.</p>

<p>My son is using the correct browser. He has tried Safari and IE, versions as per the technical specs. Common App Tech Support is not giving him helpful answers at all!</p>

<p>Just for the hell of it. Pick a school that has a supplement where you are also supposed to upload an essay. You can delete after. See if it occurs there as well or if it is something about the actual common ap section.</p>

<p>I am having the exact same problem! (and it doesn't seem to matter what browser I am using). Have you been able to solve the problem yet? Thanks!</p>

<p>Ditto. Is it possible this is only when you print the "Preview"?</p>

<p>I sent request to CA for answer. It is like that whether viewing or printing "preview".</p>

<p>convert the file to .pdf format and upload it from explorer on Safari...that should fix the problem, for me it did.</p>