Common App EC Short Answer

<p>I'm slightly confused about this question. If I am going to talk about football should I discuss all of the hard work I put into it and give a brief overview or give somewhat of a story about football? My story would be how as a team we looked unimpressive but we proved everyone wrong and were successful. (It is much better than what my sentence summary is)</p>

<p>Whichever one you feel is more effective in describing what football means to you. I like the story idea -- showing, not telling, and all that.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.</p>

<p>Well you can show not tell with the hardwork one too. Either would probably work honestly. In sports movies you always have the shots/montages of hard-work scenes (two-a-days, suicides, weight-room, whatever). Likewise, you always have the shot of the team overcoming some obstacle (newspaper clippings, immense jubilation, physically imposing opponent, whatever). </p>

<p>It's not impossible to fuse one idea into another. Refer back to the two-a-days when you reflect on your season that exceeded expectations, for instance.</p>