Common APP Short Answer-MUN-(I will Read Yours, plus we're all nervous, please help:)

<p>Model United Nations (MUN) has been key to my high school experience. Due to my experience as an immigrant I always possessed a unique perspective and curiosity in world affairs. Even in 9th grade, at my first conference, I knew immediately that I had found something extraordinary. Throughout the last four years, after debating from New York to San Diego, I have found that MUN is a necessity for me. More so, MUN has become an ever flowing well at which I can always drink not only heartily but also unabashedly. At school I had always preferred discussing the tie between Keynesian economics and the rise of social liberalism to the latest Gossip Girl episode but only at an MUN conference was I able to foster my interests and desires. I discovered myself through MUN. I discovered a work ethic that compelled me to accept nothing but the ultimate best. I discovered what I loved-the pursuit of knowledge. These last four years with MUN have been priceless, and while I will cherish everything else that I’ve done I owe MUN a special recognition for awakening me, for compelling me to care and to explore that dark and sometimes perilous chasm of comprehension with nothing more than the lantern of my imagination and curiosity to guide me. </p>

<p>Let me know if i'm 'barking up the wrong tree' but i wanted to show what MUN has done for me.</p>

<p>Also, is the character count with or without spaces? This is 924 characters w.o</p>

<p>Thanks a bunch and link your own essays if you need help ! </p>

<p>Best of Luck to Everyone!!</p>

<p>It is 1k characters WITH spaces. Mine only fit 997 :/
Yours is 1030 w/o spaces and 1245 with them. WAY too long-it'll get cut off</p>

<p>I don't really know how to format this, but here's a critique. I'm sorry if I'm harsh, but I hope it helps.</p>

<p>Model United Nations (MUN) has been key to my high school experience. </p>

<p>Unnecessary.</p>

<p>Due to my experience as an immigrant I always possessed a unique perspective and curiosity in world affairs. </p>

<p>Cool. How? Where are you from, and why has immigrating made you interested in international politics?</p>

<p>Even in 9th grade, at my first conference, I knew immediately that I had found something extraordinary. </p>

<p>What is so extraordinary about it? For a lot of the essay you say that MUN has taught you blah blah blah..., but HOW has it taught you all that? Can you give an anecdote?</p>

<p>Throughout the last four years, after debating from New York to San Diego, I have found that MUN is a necessity for me. </p>

<p>Unnecessary.</p>

<p>More so, MUN has become an ever flowing well at which I can always drink not only heartily but also unabashedly. </p>

<p>Adverbs are weak. Can you rephrase this sentence to make it stronger?</p>

<p>At school I had always preferred discussing the tie between Keynesian economics and the rise of social liberalism to the latest Gossip Girl episode but only at an MUN conference was I able to foster my interests and desires. </p>

<p>You sound like you want to point out that you're better than other people. Liking politics and liking Gossip Girl are not mutually exclusive.</p>

<p>I discovered myself through MUN. I discovered a work ethic that compelled me to accept nothing but the ultimate best. I discovered what I loved-the pursuit of knowledge. These last four years with MUN have been priceless, and while I will cherish everything else that I’ve done I owe MUN a special recognition for awakening me, for compelling me to care and to explore that dark and sometimes perilous chasm of comprehension with nothing more than the lantern of my imagination and curiosity to guide me. </p>

<p>This is mostly fluff. I want to know HOW. If I had no idea what MUN was, all I could gather from this essay is that you travel for it, it has to do with politics or economics, and it teaches you generic life lessons. I'm not saying you have to explain what it is per se, but the details in your essay should give me an idea of what it is and what YOU have done in it.</p>

<p>No thank you, you're right. I don't know how to express it , i like gossip girl too but i meant that I've always been fascinated by intellectual pursuits but my environment, ie my classmates never really shared them. So MUN was a chance for me to embrace my interests without appearing "weird"</p>

<p>But i gotta say, what you're seems to be true, i needed that :-) thank you!</p>

<p>I really wish we would have had something like this at our school, it sounds pretty great. I have to agree though you don't really fully explain what MUN really is so yeah I think you really just have to work on that also it is too long and it will just get caught off.</p>