Communications Major

<p>Hey guys I am unfamiliar with the college system at UCSD. I know that each college is separate in its housing and plans events for its members, and that each college has its own set of GEs. Are majors housed within one particular college, or can you be a communications major in any of the colleges? Which is generally considered "the best" for comm majors? I'd like to avoid as much science/math as I can (biology, calculus, physics, or chem). I'm into more of a humanistic/sociological/personal inquiry of communications rather than just data collection and numbers.</p>

<p>You can be any major in any college. For your situation, do not put Revelle first (as it requires the most science/math). Do a search on this forum and you can find a ton of info about colleges.</p>

<p>Which school tends to have the most Comm majors? And to me, it seems like Warren has the easiest GEs.</p>

<p>It's hard to say. There isn't a school that's designed for Comm. Put Warren or Muir as your first choice and you'll be fine.</p>

<p>If at UCI I've completed my Social Science General Education Requirement (Catagory 3) with three courses, Anthro, Psychology, and Sociology, would I be exempt from Muir's social science sequence requirement. I've taken a lot of social science classes, and I'd like to avoid a year long sequence if I can.</p>

<p>Like wise, with the Humanities, I've completed a year long Humanities Core course. I do not believe I will able to finish my GEs at UC Irivne by the time of my junior year, so I know that I will have to complete UCSD's GEs.</p>

<p>It also says UC Reciprocity
Writing: MCWP 40 and 50 (Approved UC Courses may be used toward this requirement).</p>

<p>Not sure what that means. Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>I'm double majoring in Communication and Cognitive Science with a minor ICAM in Revelle, and it's great. I love it. The GEs are by far the easiest of all the colleges here. Not to mention, it's closest to the beach.</p>

<p>You should look at assist.org for transfer course information</p>