Computer Reformat Question

<p>Is it possible to uncover hidden or previously deleted computer files when reformatting the hard drive? Has that happened to anyone?</p>

<p>Reformatting the hard drive wipes it clean, so I don't see how that is possible. I can ask my computer-geek son for further information if there's something odd about your situation that you haven't mentioned.</p>

<p>In some instances, a re-format can save files...while a re-image does not. But, saving the files must be done is advance of the re-format, not after. I just had two of our PCs re-imaged yesterday because of Kazaa related viruses. Have you already begun the process?</p>

<p>You will not be able to retrieve much of anything after a format. However, before you reformat, there are programs that allow you to recover deleted files that are still on the drive. There are various programs to do this - Easy Recovery, etc.</p>

<p>BEFORE you reformat you can recover things you thought were lost and gone forever, by using one of several good recovery programs.</p>

<p>I mean, can you accidentally uncover previously deleted, or hidden, files when reformating? Files that you thought were gone, can they just pop up through a reformat?</p>