Conservatory. just certificate?

<p>i heard that if you go to a university you only graduate with a certificate, and something not very applicable if you decide not to become a working actor. but then I saw on Shenandoah U's page (conservatory) that they offer a BFA in MT. I'm a little confused!</p>

<p>I think you may be confused in the use of the term, "conservatory." If the "conservatory" program (BFA) is part of a college and four years long, it is a college degree. A BFA is a college degree. </p>

<p>I think you are confused with two year conservatory programs that are NOT colleges and do not confer degrees. They give you a certificate when you graduate. Examples: Circle in the Square Theater School, CAP21 Professional MT Program, AMDA, Neighborhood Playhouse. </p>

<p>But BFA programs are offered by COLLEGES. Some of these programs are in stand alone conservatories.....such as Boston Conservatory or University of the Arts and some BFA programs are conservatory style but within a university setting that offers more than conservatory programs.....such as NYU Tisch School of the Arts, Carnegie Mellon, CCM.</p>