Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Pitt, Bucknell, Dartmouth, Penn State, UCLA and Syracuse
Cornell is my top choice. I’m planning on applying to early decision.
SAT score: 1420/1600
ACT score: 31
GPA: 3.5 (is that considered low?)
I also volunteered at a hospital for a while.
Extra curricular: I came home everyday after school to help my mom raise my eight younger siblings. It was hard work, but I think it prepared me for my future. I want to become a doctor more than anything. I want to help and heal people. What are my chances of being accepted into those schools?
Penn state - safety
Syracuse - safety
Pitt - safety
Carnegie Mellon - low reach (depending on major match)
UCLA - reach
The ivies are going to be very hard, you will be competing with thousands of students that have 3.7+ gpa and 1500+ sat. Write a killer essay about you and I would say you have an okay chance. Remember, ivies are lotteries, some get rejected with higher scores than yours, some get accepted with lower scores than you. I’d say you will make around half the schools you apply to here. Hope you do well, and do not worry, enjoy highschool while it lasts.