Cost of Sirius Satellite Radio

<p>H and I are contemplating a new car purchase. Some of the cars we are considering come with satellite radio on a "6-month free trial" basis. The problem is that nowhere--including the Sirius site--can we find out how much it costs once the trial is over. </p>

<p>I told H that I knew where I could get that info: here! :)</p>

<p>Anyone?</p>

<p>Here's the packages I could find.</p>

<p>SIRIUS</a> Satellite Radio - Packages & Services</p>

<p>I have XM and really love it. I listen mostly to talk radio when I'm driving and I have a portable that I can switch between my personal car and work car. DW listens to commercial free music. </p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>I must admit... Sirius is my second addiction (other than CC). I'm hooked on Dr. Radio. I listen especially when commuting.</p>

<p>Boy, if it could get my H away from Air America- I would spring for it.</p>

<p>Be warned: it is not easy to "unsubscribe" their service. H spent close to an hour on the phone and used the tricks he found on the Internet to get to talk to a rep. They agreed to discontinue our service and not charge our credit card for the next year of service, but they call almost daily and send tons of email spam asking if we want to subscribe. Uhm, no.</p>

<p>Ours is 45.00 every 3 months. I'm completely addicted to it, not just the great music choices but evening talk TV when I'm around town picking up the kids from whatever on the highway rides. Best 50th bday present ever!!</p>

<p>Our new car also had a 6 month subscription. When it was done, we did not renew. Since then, every couple of months I get either a letter or phone call trying to get us to renew. One letter not too long ago had an offer that was (I think) $5.99/month! I knew that was dirt cheap, but I didn't really feel like I needed it and I wanted to use the cash instead to extent my OnStar (which I love). </p>

<p>Be sure to ask what is the BEST offer they can give you. My husband called for OnStar prices, was quoted a price which he turned down and said "no, that's too much - we'll have to cancel" - they promptly transferred him to another person quickly who dropped the price about $100 more a year. </p>

<p>But yes, you do need to mark on your calendar your expiration or renewal dates so you don't get stuck paying a higher monthly fee.</p>

<p>Sirius radio was one of those 'extras' that came with the car for one year. I never thought I'd absolutely love it. I like listening to CNN and FoxNews (the TV channels are broadcast on radio). I also love The Bridge which is soft rock and folk. And The Spa Channel is great for relaxing.</p>

<p>I am working on getting this for my car. I've had a couple of rent cars with it and LOVE the 60s station.</p>

<p>My new car came with the service. Love the XM. I don't really drive very much, so when it came up for renewal, I told the rep that I wanted to discontinue. He told me to make him an offer...I now enjoy XM for $4 per month.</p>

<p>The new vehicle came with the free 6-month subscription in Nov 2008. It stopped working six months and one day from that. We've never gotten any mail or phone calls to continue the subscription. We did like it, but didn't think it was worth the cost to continue the subscription.</p>

<p>See? ^^^^ Great deal! Do you know for how long you get that deal?!</p>

<p>I really hate getting phone calls ( I have some trouble hearing- it is especially difficult when they have an accent- although I am pretty good face to face)- we canceled our landline, because most of the calls were offers to refinance our mortgage.</p>

<p>It is so nice not having those.</p>

<p>I don't drive much- but H does and he needs a new radio anyway- but how many football games can he listen to at one time?</p>

<p>"See? ^^^^ Great deal! Do you know for how long you get that deal?!"</p>

<p>Six months at $4/month.</p>

<p>
[quote]
The new vehicle came with the free 6-month subscription in Nov 2008. It stopped working six months and one day from that. We've never gotten any mail or phone calls to continue the subscription. We did like it, but didn't think it was worth the cost to continue the subscription.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Only if you do not give them your credit card number and your contact information. In our case, we bought a Sirius radio for one of our cars long time ago when such radios weren't even a standard option in new cars (and XM still existed). We passed the car to oD who listened to Sirius for a while and then decided that she did not need it. So last month we decided to unsubscribe and found out that it was not so easy.</p>

<p>Consumer</a> Complaints about Sirius Satellite Radio</p>

<p>Just be careful if this is what you want to get stuck with.</p>

<p>I have XM in the car. Love it. When I'm really tired, I listen to x-rated comedy and I'm so shocked I can drive another hour without a problem...</p>

<p>Our house had both XM and Sirius connected when we moved in and both continued to work for over a year. When they both quit, we chose to renew the Sirius but not the XM. Slightly better choices. I took a limited package that is $10/month.</p>

<p>XM = Sirius. </p>

<p>Sirius</a> XM Radio Inc. - SIRIUS and XM Complete Merger</p>

<p>BB, theoretically XM and Sirius are the same, the fact is that each has a few special shows of their own. DH and I prefer the Sirius shows.</p>

<p>I, too, am addicted. Our new car had XM, which we let expire and then missed dearly. I had heard stories about how hard it was to stop the automatic billing so, rather than give them a credit card number when I finally re-upped, I asked if I could be billed and pay with a check. I also asked for "the best deal," which is apparently the magic formula. So I paid $21.05 for six months, plus $2 extra to be invoiced. The base rate I think was $19.95, but there's a $2 "royalty fee" added on.</p>

<p>My new car has Sirius--I love it. I'm addicted to Doctor Radio (straight from the NYU Langone Medical Center). Also love--On Broadway (especially Seth Rudetsky), Real Jazz, NPR Talk, and Radio Classics (old time radio shows from the 30s and 40s).</p>