Coterm: Financial Aid

<p>I know that traditionally, the co-term year (5th year) is treated as a graduate school year for financial aid purposes. However, if a student puts off completing classes for their undergrad major (instead, taking courses that would count toward the Masters) and then has to take extra quarter(s) to complete the undergraduate degree, would the student be classified as a graduate student during that extra time?</p>

<p>My understanding is that year five is not covered by financial aid no matter what type of classes you take. When my D was considering co-terming, she was hoping to pay for most of the cost by working as a TA.</p>

<p>I am not sure but have heard that students have done what you are suggesting and had the first quarter of their fifth year paid with financial aid. Actually read it on one of these threads a couple of years ago.</p>