What do you think my chances are of being accepted into Colorado College?
Personal: White middle class male with no religious preference
School: A highly ranked public high school with 2000+ students
Rank: 9 out of 506
UW GPA: 3.9394
W GPA: 4.3712
ACT Composite: 33
Reading: 29 (this is a sore spot but I have already tested twice with the same score)
- IB Psych SL
- IB Math 12 SL
- College Credit English (accredited through local community college)
- Varsity Debate
- Modern Global Issues/American Government
Honor Class History:
- Senior year: Above
- Junior year: IB History 11 SL, IB Math 11 SL, Honors English, Varsity Debate
- Sophomore year: All AS core subjects, Varsity Debate
- Freshman year: All AS core subjects
- Officer of Varsity Debate team: My team is in the top 20 in the nation. While I haven’t been to nationals, I have been a runner up 2 years in a row. I’ve done this all 4 years of high school.
- Officer of National Honor Society: I’m one of three officers under one president out of over 100 members.
- Work at a nursing home: Not sure if this means anything, but it’s really meaningful work and I get to do a lot of good for the people that live there.
- Youth in Government: Unfortunately, I am only doing this Senior year.
- I attended the top academic summer camp in Missouri that only accepts the ~300 10th grade students in the entire state. I lived on campus for 3 weeks.
- I was the first runner up for a position as a Student Commissioner in my City’s government. There were only two positions available and it was supposed to be the top two seniors in the city.
I have great resources for writing my essays and I have an array of great teachers and mentors for my recommendations so I am not worried about that aspect. If my essays are great and my recommendations are as well, how do my chances look based on the information above?